configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config - SMB

This is a discussion on configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config - SMB ; Hi, if someone could help me, I have this error when I ./configure samba onto my AIX 5.1. "checking whether to build the libsmbclient shared library... no checking how to get filesystem space usage checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no checking ...

  1. configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

    Hi, if someone could help me, I have this error when I ./configure
    samba
    onto my AIX 5.1.

    "checking whether to build the libsmbclient shared library... no
    checking how to get filesystem space usage
    checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no
    checking statvfs function (SVR4)... yes
    checking if large file support can be enabled... yes
    checking whether to support ACLs... no
    checking whether to check for support sendfile... no
    checking whether to build winbind... no, unsupported on aix5.1.0.0
    checking whether or not getgroups returns EGID too many times... no
    checking whether struct passwd has pw_comment... no
    checking whether struct passwd has pw_age... no
    checking for poptGetContext in -lpopt... no
    checking whether to use included popt... ./popt
    checking configure summary... ERROR: No locking available. Running
    Samba would be unsafe
    configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config"

    thank's

  2. Re: configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

    In article ,
    lepierot@yahoo.fr says...
    > Hi, if someone could help me, I have this error when I ./configure
    > samba
    > onto my AIX 5.1.
    >
    > "checking whether to build the libsmbclient shared library... no
    > checking how to get filesystem space usage
    > checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no
    > checking statvfs function (SVR4)... yes
    > checking if large file support can be enabled... yes
    > checking whether to support ACLs... no
    > checking whether to check for support sendfile... no
    > checking whether to build winbind... no, unsupported on aix5.1.0.0
    > checking whether or not getgroups returns EGID too many times... no
    > checking whether struct passwd has pw_comment... no
    > checking whether struct passwd has pw_age... no
    > checking for poptGetContext in -lpopt... no
    > checking whether to use included popt... ./popt
    > checking configure summary... ERROR: No locking available. Running
    > Samba would be unsafe
    > configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config"
    >
    > thank's

    do a seacrh at www.google.com/groups with subject as
    checking configure summary... ERROR: No locking available. Running

    There are quite a few secenarios as to why you are getting this message.
    --
    Regards,
    Mark

    Samba Setup Guide: www.samba.netfirms.com