looking for a workgroup with samba - SMB

This is a discussion on looking for a workgroup with samba - SMB ; Hi all! In my windows network ( 60 - 100 hosts) there is one WORKGROUP with a Master Domain, but if I find in "All Networks" --> "Microsoft Windows network", there are 2 workgroups ... I think there is a ...

  1. looking for a workgroup with samba

    Hi all!

    In my windows network ( 60 - 100 hosts) there is one WORKGROUP with a
    Master Domain, but if I find in "All Networks" --> "Microsoft Windows
    network", there are 2 workgroups ... I think there is a host with
    incorrect Workgroup.

    Can I use samba utilities for finding what host is it?
    I tried to do int with nmblookup, but no results :-(

    Thanx a lot in advance!

  2. Re: looking for a workgroup with samba

    In article ,
    nickanto@netscape.net says...

    > Hi all!
    >
    > In my windows network ( 60 - 100 hosts) there is one WORKGROUP with a
    > Master Domain, but if I find in "All Networks" --> "Microsoft Windows
    > network", there are 2 workgroups ... I think there is a host with
    > incorrect Workgroup.
    >
    > Can I use samba utilities for finding what host is it?
    > I tried to do int with nmblookup, but no results :-(
    >
    > Thanx a lot in advance!

    If you post for help, please post with more info...
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

    Regards,
    Mark

    Samba Setup Guide: www.samba.netfirms.com
    My gpg public key: www.samba.netfirms.com/gnupg/gpg_public.asc

  3. Re: looking for a workgroup with samba

    "nick" wrote in message

    > Hi all!
    >
    > In my windows network ( 60 - 100 hosts) there is one WORKGROUP with a
    > Master Domain, but if I find in "All Networks" --> "Microsoft Windows
    > network", there are 2 workgroups ... I think there is a host with
    > incorrect Workgroup.
    >
    > Can I use samba utilities for finding what host is it?
    > I tried to do int with nmblookup, but no results :-(
    >
    > Thanx a lot in advance!

    nmblookup -M workgroup

    should list the IP of the local master browser of the workgroup. The local
    master browser is a member of the workgroup and should be the culprit.
    Otherwise nmblookup workgroup should list the IP of the members. You can use
    the DHCP lease list to reveal the computer name.

    Murray

+ Reply to Thread