Samba version 3 version string - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba version 3 version string - SMB ; Is the version string in Samba rc2 working? When I use: smbclient -L name -N I get samba 2.2.7a SuSE. From where does this string originate? I am reasonably sure I have removed the old SuSE version of Samba. But ...

  1. Samba version 3 version string

    Is the version string in Samba rc2 working? When I use:
    smbclient -L name -N
    I get samba 2.2.7a SuSE.
    From where does this string originate? I am reasonably sure I have
    removed the old SuSE version of Samba. But this is making me think
    otherwise. Any help appreciated.

    Curtis Grote
    Memorial Hospital

  2. Re: Samba version 3 version string

    "Curtis Grote" wrote in message
    news:15bdd79e.0309091232.2cf88f64@posting.google.c om...
    > Is the version string in Samba rc2 working? When I use:
    > smbclient -L name -N
    > I get samba 2.2.7a SuSE.

    [mm@amos-rh mm]$ smbclient -L checkin -N
    Anonymous login successful
    Domain=[PSGEOMAT] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.0beta3]

    [snip]

    [mm@amos-rh mm]$ smbclient -V
    Version 3.0.0beta3

    Sorry already upgraded.

    Check to see if the new pdbedit is working. You have to run it as root. It's
    not available prior to 3.0

    > From where does this string originate? I am reasonably sure I have
    > removed the old SuSE version of Samba. But this is making me think
    > otherwise. Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Curtis Grote
    > Memorial Hospital

+ Reply to Thread