Windows 2000 - SMB

This is a discussion on Windows 2000 - SMB ; I have set samba up as a domain server. When I try to log windows onto the domain, it finds the domain and asks me for a password for a member able to join the domain so I log in ...

  1. Windows 2000

    I have set samba up as a domain server.
    When I try to log windows onto the domain, it finds the domain and asks me
    for a password for a member able to join the domain so I log in as root and
    enter the password.
    Then windows will return an error message saying (Procedure number out of
    range). What does this mean, I am sure samba is set up right, as it has
    worked in the past.
    Any suggestion would be appreciated,
    Thanks

  2. Re: Windows 2000

    "Robert" wrote in news:jfW6b.88699$bo1.14034@news-
    server.bigpond.net.au:

    > I have set samba up as a domain server.
    > When I try to log windows onto the domain, it finds the domain and asks me
    > for a password for a member able to join the domain so I log in as root and
    > enter the password.
    > Then windows will return an error message saying (Procedure number out of
    > range). What does this mean, I am sure samba is set up right, as it has
    > worked in the past.
    > Any suggestion would be appreciated,
    > Thanks

    By chance is ir SP4?