Windows Password Expiration Warning - SMB

This is a discussion on Windows Password Expiration Warning - SMB ; I am running samba on Slackware 9.0 When users log into our domain it prompts "Your password is about to expire. Would you like to change it now?" This is not true, the expiration is set to never. And the ...

  1. Windows Password Expiration Warning

    I am running samba on Slackware 9.0
    When users log into our domain it prompts "Your password is about to
    expire. Would you like to change it now?"
    This is not true, the expiration is set to never. And the warning is
    set to 1 day. I has tried using passwd, usermod, and chage, and all
    there setting are correct yet windows still prompts. My clients are
    running win2k, win98, and winXP.

    Does anyone have any idea how to disable password warning?

  2. Re: Windows Password Expiration Warning

    In article <90e602e8.0309060944.314171f1@posting.google.com>, littlecooldude@hotmail.com (littlecooldude) wrote:
    >I am running samba on Slackware 9.0
    >When users log into our domain it prompts "Your password is about to
    >expire. Would you like to change it now?"
    >This is not true, the expiration is set to never. And the warning is
    >set to 1 day. I has tried using passwd, usermod, and chage, and all
    >there setting are correct yet windows still prompts. My clients are
    >running win2k, win98, and winXP.
    >
    >Does anyone have any idea how to disable password warning?

    facing the same problem here .. to my confusion .. none of the parameters on
    workstations or server is set to an "expiration mode" ??? help ?

    --
    remove_clothes to answer over email

+ Reply to Thread