Hello,

We have a setup of 3 subnets, one per office with also a Samba server
per office and all this connected through the internet using IPSec. The

Samba server at the main office is configured as WINS server and Domain
master browser and the two other samba servers are configured as wins
clients and only as local master browsers. All this is using Samba 2.2.8

on OpenBSD 3.3.

The problem is that on the two other offices Samba servers using wins
client I can see in the log file of nmbd the following error messages:

[2003/08/03 10:36:48, 0]
/usr/obj/i386/ports/samba-2.2.8/samba-2.2.8/source/nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fa il(358)

find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WGRP<1b> for the
workgroup WGRP.
Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.

Does this generate any problems ? I don't really understand why I get
this error message as the two samba servers habe access to the
WINS server without any problems and the WINS server should actually let

the two other wins clients samba servers know who is the domain master
browser no ?

How can I fix this problem ?

Many thanks

Regards