Samba 3.0 : "domain admin group" alternative ? - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba 3.0 : "domain admin group" alternative ? - SMB ; "domain admin group" and "domain guest group" are obsolete with Samba 3.0 How do I define admins and guests now ? If I can't, what users or groups are predefined ? Where can I find some information about this precise ...

  1. Samba 3.0 : "domain admin group" alternative ?

    "domain admin group" and "domain guest group" are obsolete with Samba 3.0

    How do I define admins and guests now ?
    If I can't, what users or groups are predefined ?
    Where can I find some information about this precise issue ?

    Thanks,

    Patrice

  2. Re: Samba 3.0 : "domain admin group" alternative ?

    Well, Patrice wrote:
    > "domain admin group" and "domain guest group" are obsolete with Samba 3.0
    >
    > How do I define admins and guests now ?
    > If I can't, what users or groups are predefined ?
    > Where can I find some information about this precise issue ?

    man net(8) - especially the entry about "groupmap".

    Ralph
    --
    DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD, UNTIE!

+ Reply to Thread