WHY IS THIS ERROR BEING IGNORED???? - SMB

This is a discussion on WHY IS THIS ERROR BEING IGNORED???? - SMB ; I have looked everywhere for a solution to the following Samba error: [2003/08/21 19:18:22, 0] nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(234) find_response_record: response packet id 20964 received with no matching record. [2003/08/21 19:18:22, 0] nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(234) find_response_record: response packet id 20965 received with no matching record. ...

  1. WHY IS THIS ERROR BEING IGNORED????

    I have looked everywhere for a solution to the following Samba error:

    [2003/08/21 19:18:22, 0]
    nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(234)
    find_response_record: response packet id 20964 received with no
    matching record.
    [2003/08/21 19:18:22, 0]
    nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(234)
    find_response_record: response packet id 20965 received with no
    matching record.
    [2003/08/21 19:24:02, 0]
    nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:become_local_master_stage2(404)
    *****

    I did see a bunch of these same posts, with NO responses.

    Samba was working fine for me, then all of the sudden died when I went
    from W2K Advanced Server to W2K Pro on the box I am trying to access
    the Samba share from.

    What is the problem?

    Does anyone from the Samba team know?

    I am running Samba 2.2.8a on RedHat 7.3.

  2. Re: WHY IS THIS ERROR BEING IGNORED????

    Why is your Subject in uppercase? Are you shouting?

    In article ,
    maldrich wrote:
    > I have looked everywhere for a solution to the following Samba error:
    >
    > [2003/08/21 19:18:22, 0]
    > nmbd/nmbd_responserecordsdb.c:find_response_record(234)
    > find_response_record: response packet id 20964 received with no
    > matching record.

    Is that an error, or just a bit of information?

    > [2003/08/21 19:24:02, 0]
    > nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:become_local_master_stage2(404)
    > *****

    This is NOT an error message. It does however mean that prior to that
    entry, some other machine was acting as the local master. That fact
    might be significant.

    > Samba was working fine for me, then all of the sudden died when I went
    > from W2K Advanced Server to W2K Pro on the box I am trying to access
    > the Samba share from.
    >
    > What is the problem?

    Quite likely a configuration or networking issue on the Windows machine.
    Nothing you posted here indicates any attempt to access a share. In fact
    since these are from nmbd, which only handles netbios name resolution,
    it appears that you are looking in the wrong place for clues.

    > Does anyone from the Samba team know?

    Based upon the information provided, definitely not. But I don't think
    they read this newsgroup.
    --
    /dev/rob0 - preferred_email=i$((28*28+28))@softhome.net
    or put "not-spam" or "/dev/rob0" in Subject header to reply

+ Reply to Thread