Hi:

Today a user reported they cannot map shares from a Samba server. The Samba
server
is a Sun workstation running Solaris (UNIX) operating system. Samba 2.2.8a
is installed.
Samba is set up to go to a Windows 2000 server for user authentication.
This was
all working fine last week.

I have stopped and restarted Samba on the Sun, then run "smbclient -L
server". The
smbclient command never prompts for a password or lists any parameters. It
dies
with the message "protocol negotiation failed".

When I try to map a Samba share to my PC, I get this message:

The network path \\server\share could not be found

There are no errors in the log.smbd file. A log file isn't even created for
the PC from which I
try mapping.

Would the recent blaster patches have anything to do with this? Those were
applied several
weeks ago to the Windows 2000 server, though, and the client PCs.....

THANKS,

Lisa