changing default port for SMB? - SMB

This is a discussion on changing default port for SMB? - SMB ; How can I change the default ports for SMB in Windows 2K / XP? I want to be able to connect to my PC at home via samba, but my ISP filters it. Thanks, Brian...

  1. changing default port for SMB?

    How can I change the default ports for SMB in Windows 2K / XP? I want to be
    able to connect to my PC at home via samba, but my ISP filters it.

    Thanks,
    Brian

  2. Re: changing default port for SMB?

    In article ,
    pangean@optonline.net says...
    > How can I change the default ports for SMB in Windows 2K / XP? I want to be
    > able to connect to my PC at home via samba, but my ISP filters it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Brian

    Using NETBIOS over the internet is very, very ill advised.... welcome
    to Hackers-R-Us You are better off using a VPN or some other method of
    connectivity.

    --
    Regards,
    Mark