hi I have 2 *nix machines running samba 2.2* both set up for domain
level security where domain academus is a win2000 native domain sps2s
=pdc emulator
:
security = domain
password server = 172.16.1.2
domain logons = yes
log level = 4
netbios name = new
domain logons = yes

debian:/etc/samba# smbd -V
Version 2.2.3a-12.3 for Debian
debian:/etc/samba# smbpasswd -j ACADEMUS -r sps2s -U administrator
Password:
Joined domain ACADEMUS.
the above debian machine was able to join the domain.
but

netbios name = yapcamac
workgroup = academus
password server = 172.16.1.2
security = domain
domain logons = yes
log level = 4

[YapcaMac:/users/merrittr] admin# smbd -V
Version 2.2.3a (build 26)
[YapcaMac:/users/merrittr] admin# smbpasswd -j ACADEMUS -r sps2s -U
administrator
Password:
Error connecting to sps2s
Unable to join domain ACADEMUS.
the above mac jaguar 10.2.6 (bsd) was'nt

and both wont allow me to attach to the share defined below in both of
there smb.conf file any ideas on how I can get the mac to join the
domain
and or get both to authenticate to the PDC and give me my share?

[merrittr]
comment = Robs Service
path = /home/merrittr
valid users = merrittr