Hi,

> Hello, I'm having such a problem in my organization.... We have two
> linux boxes sharing some discs with smb, but a few days ago, some
> users started to call us because they cannot connect to the shares.
> The strange behavior is that when I check the status of the service,
> it brings me this:

I had a similar problem once (only once ever tho' - weird).
Anyway, samba stopped allowing users to log in because when they logged out
their smbd processes were not dying and samba was not prepared to start any
more processes. I stopped the samba service did a killall -TERM smbd and a
killall -TERM nmbd just to be sure and then restarted the services. - I have
not had a problem since.
Does this problem keep reoccuring for you?

Regards,
@ndy

--
andyjpb@ashurst.eu.org