Hi,
I've got a problem with a Win 98 client connected to a Samba server
with RedHat 9.0. The client is also connected to a Windows network
and to a Novell server, so it has Novell Client (latest release)
installed.
The problem is that I cannot retrieve file information for .exe
files (and all other files with resources) placed on Samba shares,
for example with right-clicking the file in Windows Explorer and
selecting Properties. The only tab I can see is the General tab
and not the other ones (Version, etc.). I think this is just
a symptom but it is a problem for example if I run a program which
tries to get file version information.
I tried to connect from a Win XP desktop and everything works
correctly, so I thought it's a Win 98 issue.
I also tried with another server and another win98 client and everything
works.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Frank