samba 2.2.5 locks file as readonly after! closing it - SMB

This is a discussion on samba 2.2.5 locks file as readonly after! closing it - SMB ; Hi, I observed a strange behaviour of my samba 2.2.5 server: Case1: samba-server is up since at least one day: Then when I open a file over the network on my samba-server with my word editor, change something and want ...

  1. samba 2.2.5 locks file as readonly after! closing it

    Hi,

    I observed a strange behaviour of my samba 2.2.5 server:

    Case1: samba-server is up since at least one day: Then when I open a
    file over the network on my samba-server with my word editor, change
    something and want to save my changes I get "write access denied".
    When I save the file in the same folder by changing the filename, then
    the new file is created and saved.
    After closing the word editor the original file cannot be deleted,
    renamed nor any attribute can be changed.

    Case2: When Case1 happens I restart the samba server: Then I do the same
    action as mentioned before: open the file over the network change
    something and try to save the changes made there is no problem! It can
    be done without changing the filename as in case 1.

    What kind of configuration problem could cause that strange behaviour?

    Help is highly appreciated

    Rainer Seck

  2. Re: samba 2.2.5 locks file as readonly after! closing it

    In article <47672N483@web2news.com>, seck.news.invalid@web2news.net
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I observed a strange behaviour of my samba 2.2.5 server:
    >
    > Case1: samba-server is up since at least one day: Then when I open a
    > file over the network on my samba-server with my word editor, change
    > something and want to save my changes I get "write access denied".
    > When I save the file in the same folder by changing the filename, then
    > the new file is created and saved.
    > After closing the word editor the original file cannot be deleted,
    > renamed nor any attribute can be changed.
    >
    > Case2: When Case1 happens I restart the samba server: Then I do the same
    > action as mentioned before: open the file over the network change
    > something and try to save the changes made there is no problem! It can
    > be done without changing the filename as in case 1.
    >
    > What kind of configuration problem could cause that strange behaviour?
    >
    > Help is highly appreciated
    >
    > Rainer Seck

    Your help is also highly appreciated...

    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way