SAMBA printing from Win-> SuSE - SMB

This is a discussion on SAMBA printing from Win-> SuSE - SMB ; Below is my smb.conf. I'm able to browse and successfully issue a net use command to map an lpt port to my printer, but when I print, the jobs never gets printed. Any thoughts? Regards, Brad [global] os level = ...

  1. SAMBA printing from Win-> SuSE

    Below is my smb.conf. I'm able to browse and successfully issue a net
    use command to map an lpt port to my printer, but when I print, the jobs
    never gets printed. Any thoughts?

    Regards,
    Brad
    [global]
    os level = 2
    time server = Yes
    unix extensions = Yes
    encrypt passwords = Yes
    log level = 1
    syslog = 0
    printing = lprng
    socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
    wins support = No
    veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
    [printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/tmp
    printable = Yes
    create mask = 0600
    browseable = No

  2. Re: SAMBA printing from Win-> SuSE

    I should add this the printer is a Lexmark Z22. I already have the
    drivers loaded on Win2k. This worked fine with Windows File/Print
    sharing, but I'm moving to Linux so I want to still be able to print via
    my local network.

    Thanks,
    Brad

    Brad McNeely wrote:
    > Below is my smb.conf. I'm able to browse and successfully issue a net
    > use command to map an lpt port to my printer, but when I print, the jobs
    > never gets printed. Any thoughts?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Brad
    > [global]
    > os level = 2
    > time server = Yes
    > unix extensions = Yes
    > encrypt passwords = Yes
    > log level = 1
    > syslog = 0
    > printing = lprng
    > socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
    > wins support = No
    > veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
    > [printers]
    > comment = All Printers
    > path = /var/tmp
    > printable = Yes