Sharing printer on SAMBA - SMB

This is a discussion on Sharing printer on SAMBA - SMB ; Hello all. I have SAMBA 2.2.7a running on RedHat 9. I want to share a printer with Windows users , I want that the driver will be downloaded automatically from the Linux server to the Windows client , so that ...

  1. Sharing printer on SAMBA

    Hello all.
    I have SAMBA 2.2.7a running on RedHat 9.
    I want to share a printer with Windows users , I want that the driver
    will be downloaded automatically from the Linux server to the Windows
    client , so that the users will not be ask to provide a valid driver
    for the printer , the printer will install automatically on the
    Windows machine.
    Thanks in advanced.

  2. Re: Sharing printer on SAMBA

    Mordechai a écrit :

    > Hello all.
    > I have SAMBA 2.2.7a running on RedHat 9.
    > I want to share a printer with Windows users , I want that the driver
    > will be downloaded automatically from the Linux server to the Windows
    > client , so that the users will not be ask to provide a valid driver
    > for the printer , the printer will install automatically on the
    > Windows machine.
    > Thanks in advanced.

    And I want a beer

    --
    Rémy CLAVERIE
    Cesium - Université de Metz

  3. Re: Sharing printer on SAMBA

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:43:59 +0200,
    Rémy CLAVERIE , in
    <3EF8D42F.5B4E1860@sciences.univ-metz.fr> wrote:
    +>
    +>
    +> Mordechai a écrit :
    +>
    +> > Hello all.
    +> > I have SAMBA 2.2.7a running on RedHat 9.
    +> > I want to share a printer with Windows users , I want that the driver
    +> > will be downloaded automatically from the Linux server to the Windows
    +> > client , so that the users will not be ask to provide a valid driver
    +> > for the printer , the printer will install automatically on the
    +> > Windows machine.
    +> > Thanks in advanced.
    +>
    +> And I want a beer

    I'll settle for some good sippin' single malt scotch, if you'll be so
    kind...

    James
    isn't looking good, either.