I would like suggestions on how to fix my issue. My issue is that I
can connect and authenticate to some file services from my XP Pro
machine to my Fedora Core 4 Samba server, but I can't to others. I
can connect to "Bob's Desktop". I can't connect to centlftp. Below
is my smb.conf. I can connect to public. I can't connect to home.

For home and centftp, I get challenged and type in username and
password and I just can't get authenticated. I also try to type root
and root password in, and I still can get in.

Why can I get into some services and I can't get into others?

[global]
workgroup = bobdomain
netbios name = g332
server string = Bob's Domain Controller