Help: Two Names on one IP? - Slackware

This is a discussion on Help: Two Names on one IP? - Slackware ; I run Slackware 10.2 through TimeWarner. I have one IP that goes through EasyDNS (using dynamic DNS) to my nameserver. Is it possible to assign two names to one IP? If so, how does the server "know" which directory to ...

  1. Help: Two Names on one IP?

    I run Slackware 10.2 through TimeWarner. I have one
    IP that goes through EasyDNS (using dynamic DNS) to
    my nameserver.

    Is it possible to assign two names to one IP? If so,
    how does the server "know" which directory to bring up
    when users call the single IP?

    Thanks,

    S.

  2. Re: Help: Two Names on one IP?

    --
    »Q«
    Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.

  3. Re: Help: Two Names on one IP?

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 20:06:14 -0600, samson wrote:

    > Is it possible to assign two names to one IP? If so,
    > how does the server "know" which directory to bring up
    > when users call the single IP?

    Assuming that you are referring to using Apache . . . .

    See the Apache documentation relating to "name virtual hosts".

  4. Re: Help: Two Names on one IP?

    In article <20081109205358.2f8664b9@prezmyra.remarqs.net>,
    boxcars@gmx.net says...
    > In ,
    > samson wrote:
    >
    > > I run Slackware 10.2 through TimeWarner. I have one
    > > IP that goes through EasyDNS (using dynamic DNS) to
    > > my nameserver.
    > >
    > > Is it possible to assign two names to one IP? If so,
    > > how does the server "know" which directory to bring up
    > > when users call the single IP?

    I thank you and I shall be doing my homework.

    Best,

    s.

+ Reply to Thread