problem with new kernel 2.6.27.5 in slackware-current - Slackware

This is a discussion on problem with new kernel 2.6.27.5 in slackware-current - Slackware ; I get the following message at boot : "The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem" The root filesystem is correctly named "/dev/sd..." and can be used from another linux installation using kernel 2.6.24.5. ...

  1. problem with new kernel 2.6.27.5 in slackware-current

    I get the following message at boot :

    "The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
    filesystem"

    The root filesystem is correctly named "/dev/sd..." and can be used from
    another linux installation using kernel 2.6.24.5.
    What is wrong ?

    *//*

  2. Re: problem with new kernel 2.6.27.5 in slackware-current

    Have you made an initrd with the root filesystem module ?

  3. Re: problem with new kernel 2.6.27.5 in slackware-current

    Grasshoper wrote:
    > Have you made an initrd with the root filesystem module ?

    No, I never had to use an initrd, I use the huge kernels.
    But I found what was wrong. I also updated udev and forgot to change
    /etc/rc.d/rc.udev. The partition could be opened at the beginning but
    not after the wrong rc.udev was executed.

+ Reply to Thread