kdevelop doesn't run under slackware 12 - Slackware

This is a discussion on kdevelop doesn't run under slackware 12 - Slackware ; Hello I have a problem with a new installation of Slackware 12. Kdevelop in KDE doesn't run. I click on the icon but nothing happens. For instance, Quanta works good. I'm a new linux-user so I don't know how to ...

  1. kdevelop doesn't run under slackware 12

    Hello
    I have a problem with a new installation of Slackware 12.
    Kdevelop in KDE doesn't run. I click on the icon but nothing happens.
    For instance, Quanta works good.

    I'm a new linux-user so I don't know how to solve this problem.

    Thanks a lot for attention

    Andrea

  2. Re: kdevelop doesn't run under slackware 12

    Andrea wrote:
    > Hello
    > I have a problem with a new installation of Slackware 12.
    > Kdevelop in KDE doesn't run. I click on the icon but nothing happens.
    > For instance, Quanta works good.
    >
    > I'm a new linux-user so I don't know how to solve this problem.

    Try starting it from an xterm, should give you a idea about what
    is/isn't working.

    Blumf

  3. Re: kdevelop doesn't run under slackware 12

    On 5 Nov, 11:34, Blumf wrote:
    > Andrea wrote:
    > > Hello
    > > I have a problem with a new installation of Slackware 12.
    > > Kdevelop in KDE doesn't run. I click on the icon but nothing happens.
    > > For instance, Quanta works good.

    > > I'm a new linux-user so I don't know how to solve this problem.

    > Try starting it from an xterm, should give you a idea about what
    > is/isn't working.
    >
    > Blumf

    ok, but what is/are the command/s I have to type to make some tests?

  4. Re: kdevelop doesn't run under slackware 12

    Andrea wrote:
    > On 5 Nov, 11:34, Blumf wrote:
    >> Andrea wrote:
    >>> Hello
    >>> I have a problem with a new installation of Slackware 12.
    >>> Kdevelop in KDE doesn't run. I click on the icon but nothing happens.
    >>> For instance, Quanta works good.
    >>> I'm a new linux-user so I don't know how to solve this problem.

    >> Try starting it from an xterm, should give you a idea about what
    >> is/isn't working.
    >>
    >> Blumf

    > ok, but what is/are the command/s I have to type to make some tests?

    Just open up an xterm and type kdevelop

    If it works from that then there's probably something wrong with the
    icon on your desktop. If it doesn't work you should at least get some
    error messages that'll help you work out what the problem is.

    Blumf

  5. Re: kdevelop doesn't run under slackware 12

    On 2008-11-05, Blumf wrote:
    > Andrea wrote:
    >>> Try starting it from an xterm, should give you a idea about what
    >>> is/isn't working.
    >>>
    >>> Blumf

    >> ok, but what is/are the command/s I have to type to make some tests?

    > Just open up an xterm and type kdevelop
    >
    > If it works from that then there's probably something wrong with the
    > icon on your desktop. If it doesn't work you should at least get some
    > error messages that'll help you work out what the problem is.
    >
    > Blumf

    Just to add, if it will not start from the comd line with kdevelop, try
    starting it using the full path to the binary, probaby
    /opt/kde/bin/kdevelop. If it starts, then the path to the binary isn't in
    your path statement.

    Or, just go to a xterm window and type:

    printenv [enter]

    to check the path statement.

    ken

  6. Re: kdevelop doesn't run under slackware 12

    No_One wrote:

    > Or, just go to a xterm window and type:
    >
    > printenv [enter]
    >
    > to check the path statement.

    The output from that can be a bit verbose...

    Succinct is `echo $PATH'

  7. Re: kdevelop doesn't run under slackware 12

    On 2008-11-06, Chris Sorenson wrote:
    > No_One wrote:
    >>
    >> Or, just go to a xterm window and type:
    >>
    >> printenv [enter]
    >>
    >> to check the path statement.
    >>

    > The output from that can be a bit verbose...
    >
    > Succinct is `echo $PATH'

    yep

    ken

  8. Re: printenv (was: kdevelop doesn't run under slackware 12)

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 01:35:06 -0600, Chris Sorenson wrote:

    > No_One wrote:
    >>
    >> Or, just go to a xterm window and type:
    >>
    >> printenv [enter]
    >>
    >> to check the path statement.
    >>

    > The output from that can be a bit verbose...
    >
    > Succinct is `echo $PATH'

    Yeah, but you can also do that with "printenv PATH" (or any other
    environment variable name) and get just the one line. Although it doesn't
    seem to do that for SHELLOPTS on my PC. Granted, echo and the variable
    name is four characters shorter than using printenv, but then you have to
    put a $ in front of the variable name.

    --
    Chick Tower

    For e-mail: aols2 DOT sent DOT towerboy AT xoxy DOT net

  9. Re: printenv (was: kdevelop doesn't run under slackware 12)

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 01:35:06 -0600, Chris Sorenson wrote:

    > No_One wrote:
    >>
    >> Or, just go to a xterm window and type:
    >>
    >> printenv [enter]
    >>
    >> to check the path statement.
    >>

    > The output from that can be a bit verbose...
    >
    > Succinct is `echo $PATH'

    Yeah, but you can also do that with "printenv PATH" (or any other
    environment variable name) and get just the one line. Although it doesn't
    seem to do that for SHELLOPTS on my PC. Granted, echo and the variable
    name is four characters shorter than using printenv, but then you have to
    put a $ in front of the variable name.

    --
    Chick Tower

    For e-mail: aols2 DOT sent DOT towerboy AT xoxy DOT net

+ Reply to Thread