Slackware is a damn fine teacher - Slackware

This is a discussion on Slackware is a damn fine teacher - Slackware ; As i describe in my blog post here: http://www.pineviewfarm.net/weblog/?p=3376 I've been messing about with other distros, because, through a series of misadventures, I have a test computer. And I have found that, thanks to my experience with Slack, they are ...

  1. Slackware is a damn fine teacher

    As i describe in my blog post here:

    http://www.pineviewfarm.net/weblog/?p=3376

    I've been messing about with other distros, because, through a series of
    misadventures, I have a test computer.

    And I have found that, thanks to my experience with Slack, they are a
    piece of cake to figure out. Using Slackware taught me how to use Linux.

    I'm not a Slack guru, by any stretch of the imagination. But Slack has
    taught me how to use Linux to a degree that no other distribution would
    have.

    Slackware rocks.

    Yeah, I'm going to play with other distros. I want to learn.

    Anything serious I want to do, I will do on Slackware.

    --
    Blogging from Pine View Farm (http://www.pineviewfarm.net)
    Updates daily. Worthwhile updates occasionally.

    Opera (http://www.opera.com), Fluxbox (http://www.fluxbox.org), and
    Slackware (http://www.slackware.com)--
    the ultimate internet experience.

  2. Re: Slackware is a damn fine teacher

    Frank Bell wrote:

    > And I have found that, thanks to my experience with Slack, they are a
    > piece of cake to figure out. Using Slackware taught me how to use Linux.

    It has helped me out on various Unix systems too (Sun, IRIX, SCO).

    > Yeah, I'm going to play with other distros. I want to learn.

    Slut.

    - Kurt

  3. Re: Slackware is a damn fine teacher

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 21:33:14 -0500, Frank Bell wrote:

    > I'm not a Slack guru, by any stretch of the imagination. But Slack has
    > taught me how to use Linux to a degree that no other distribution would
    > have.

    Please top trolling for rm! :-)

  4. Re: Slackware is a damn fine teacher

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 23:50:32 -0500, ~kurt
    wrote:

    >> Yeah, I'm going to play with other distros. I want to learn.

    > Slut.

    I prefer "Playboy."

    --
    Blogging from Pine View Farm (http://www.pineviewfarm.net)
    Updates daily. Worthwhile updates occasionally.

    Opera (http://www.opera.com), Fluxbox (http://www.fluxbox.org), and
    Slackware (http://www.slackware.com)--
    the ultimate internet experience.

  5. Re: Slackware is a damn fine teacher

    On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 03:38:00 -0500, Mark Madsen
    wrote:

    > Please top trolling for rm!

    Killfiled long ago. In all its manifestations.

    --
    Blogging from Pine View Farm (http://www.pineviewfarm.net)
    Updates daily. Worthwhile updates occasionally.

    Opera (http://www.opera.com), Fluxbox (http://www.fluxbox.org), and
    Slackware (http://www.slackware.com)--
    the ultimate internet experience.

+ Reply to Thread