wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1 - Slackware

This is a discussion on wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1 - Slackware ; Hello there. I have a problem configuring the wlan on this dell inspiron 6400 notebook with Slackware 12.1. iwlwifi-3945-ucode is installed, as my card is a PRO/Wireless 3945ABG. If I'm right, the system offers two programs: Kwifimanager and wpa_supplicant. Kwifimanager ...

  1. wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    Hello there.

    I have a problem configuring the wlan on this dell inspiron 6400 notebook
    with Slackware 12.1.

    iwlwifi-3945-ucode is installed, as my card is a PRO/Wireless 3945ABG.

    If I'm right, the system offers two programs: Kwifimanager and
    wpa_supplicant. Kwifimanager scans with no result at all.

    Wpa_supplicant I configured this way:

    Output of ifconfig:

    lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

    wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:""
    Mode:Managed Channel:0 Access Point: Not-Associated
    Tx-Power=0 dBm
    Retry min limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thr=2346 B
    Encryption keyff
    Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0

    Then /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf:

    network={ ssid=""
    key_mgmt=NONE
    wep_key0=""
    wep_tx_keyidx=0
    priority=10
    }

    The command on the command line:

    wpa_supplicant -B -w -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

    And here is the output:

    ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
    WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
    WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 -

    What can I do?
    Or is there another software I could use?

    erch

  2. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    On Oct 24, 12:14 pm, Erch wrote:
    > Hello there.
    >
    > I have a problem configuring the wlan on this dell inspiron 6400 notebook
    > with Slackware 12.1.
    >
    > iwlwifi-3945-ucode is installed, as my card is a PRO/Wireless 3945ABG.
    >
    > If I'm right, the system offers two programs: Kwifimanager and
    > wpa_supplicant. Kwifimanager scans with no result at all.
    >
    > Wpa_supplicant I configured this way:
    >
    > Output of ifconfig:
    >
    > lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    > inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    > inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
    > UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
    > collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    > RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
    >
    > wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:""
    > Mode:Managed Channel:0 Access Point: Not-Associated
    > Tx-Power=0 dBm
    > Retry min limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thr=2346 B
    > Encryption keyff
    > Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
    > Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    > Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
    >
    > Then /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf:
    >
    > network={ ssid=""
    > key_mgmt=NONE
    > wep_key0=""
    > wep_tx_keyidx=0
    > priority=10
    > }
    >
    > The command on the command line:
    >
    > wpa_supplicant -B -w -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

    Just looking at the command above - isn't there supposed to be a space
    between -c and /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf ?
    e.g.
    wpa_supplicant -B -w -Dwext -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

    > And here is the output:
    >
    > ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
    > WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
    > WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 -
    >
    > What can I do?
    > Or is there another software I could use?
    >
    > erch

    Try wicd
    It's a network manager for Slackware:
    http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12.1/network/wicd/

  3. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    trryhend@gmail.com wrote:

    >> The command on the command line:
    >>
    >> wpa_supplicant -B -w -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

    > Just looking at the command above - isn't there supposed to be a space
    > between -c and /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf ?
    > e.g.
    > wpa_supplicant -B -w -Dwext -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

    No space, in the same way that there is not a space in "-iwlan0".

    Pete

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

  4. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    On 2008-10-26 at 12:58 ADT, Peter Chant wrote:
    > trryhend@gmail.com wrote:

    >>> The command on the command line:

    >>> wpa_supplicant -B -w -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

    >> Just looking at the command above - isn't there supposed to be a space
    >> between -c and /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf ?
    >> e.g.
    >> wpa_supplicant -B -w -Dwext -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

    > No space, in the same way that there is not a space in "-iwlan0".

    FWIW, you are allowed to use a space after the -c and the -i.

    To the OP: I have a different Dell laptop (D630), but I have found the
    "deprecated" ipw3945 driver to work much better than the "new and
    improved" iwl3945 driver. YMMV.

    Jim

  5. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    Jim Diamond wrote:

    > On 2008-10-26 at 12:58 ADT, Peter Chant
    > wrote:

    >>> Just looking at the command above - isn't there supposed to be a space
    >>> between -c and /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf ?
    >>> e.g.
    >>> wpa_supplicant -B -w -Dwext -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

    >> No space, in the same way that there is not a space in "-iwlan0".

    > FWIW, you are allowed to use a space after the -c and the -i.

    Oh, duff recollection on my part then, I thought it had not worked with
    spaces for me!

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

  6. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    Peter Chant wrote:

    > Jim Diamond wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-10-26 at 12:58 ADT, Peter Chant
    >> wrote:

    >>> No space, in the same way that there is not a space in "-iwlan0".

    >> FWIW, you are allowed to use a space after the -c and the -i.

    > Oh, duff recollection on my part then, I thought it had not worked with
    > spaces for me!

    Thanks for your replies; and excuses for not answering earlier, vacation
    is finished and less time for software problems.

    I had to realize that my wep key on the speedport was wrong, i.e. had
    more than the required keys A-F and 0-9. So, I changed that. The
    speedport says that 26 characters for the key are required (124 bit
    encryption).

    Now at least my network is recognized, but I don't get an IP address.

    I set these commands:

    iwconfig wlan0 essid
    iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
    iwconfig wlan0 key [1] <26 character key
    iwconfig wlan0 channel auto
    iwconfig

    Iwconfig says:

    wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:"my essid"
    Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: 00:1A:2A:12:C7:EA
    Bit Rate=54 Mb/s Tx-Power=27 dBm
    Retry min limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thr=2346 B
    Encryption key:26 characters key
    Link Quality=83/100 Signal level=-51 dBm Noise level=-127 dBm

    But I don't get my IP address!

    When I now say

    wpa_supplicant -w -Dwext -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

    I get the error message:

    Initializing interface 'wlan0' conf '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf' driver 'wext'
    ctrl_interface 'N/A' bridge 'N/A'
    Configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf' -> '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'
    Reading configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'
    Line: 3 - start of a new network block
    ssid - hexdump_ascii(len=6):
    68 65 72 62 73 74 herbst
    key_mgmt: 0x4
    Line 6: Too long WEP key 0 '"'.
    Line 6: failed to parse wep_key0 '"'.
    wep_tx_keyidx=0 (0x0)
    priority=10 (0xa)
    Line 9: failed to parse network block.
    Failed to read or parse configuration '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'.
    Failed to add interface wlan0
    Cancelling scan request
    Cancelling authentication timeout

    ----------

    Now I have the situation that the speedport only accepts a 26 character
    key, and the wpa_supplicant rejects it because it is too long.

    Obviously I'm missing something.

    Cheers, erch

  7. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    On 2008-10-28 at 06:26 ADT, Erch wrote:
    > Peter Chant wrote:
    >
    >> Jim Diamond wrote:

    >>> FWIW, you are allowed to use a space after the -c and the -i.

    >> Oh, duff recollection on my part then, I thought it had not worked with
    >> spaces for me!

    > Thanks for your replies; and excuses for not answering earlier, vacation
    > is finished and less time for software problems.
    >
    > I had to realize that my wep key on the speedport was wrong, i.e. had
    > more than the required keys A-F and 0-9. So, I changed that. The
    > speedport says that 26 characters for the key are required (124 bit
    > encryption).
    >
    > Now at least my network is recognized, but I don't get an IP address.
    >
    > I set these commands:
    >
    > iwconfig wlan0 essid
    > iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
    > iwconfig wlan0 key [1] <26 character key
    > iwconfig wlan0 channel auto
    > iwconfig
    >
    > Iwconfig says:
    >
    > wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:"my essid"
    > Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: 00:1A:2A:12:C7:EA
    > Bit Rate=54 Mb/s Tx-Power=27 dBm
    > Retry min limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thr=2346 B
    > Encryption key:26 characters key
    > Link Quality=83/100 Signal level=-51 dBm Noise level=-127 dBm
    > Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    > Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
    >
    > But I don't get my IP address!

    I guess I don't follow you. You are associated, can you not get an IP
    now by either using
    (1) dhcpcd, or
    (2) just saying
    ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.10
    route add default gw
    or something like that?

    Getting associated won't by itself, get you an IP. What are you doing
    next to try to get an IP?

    Jim

  8. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    Jim Diamond wrote:

    > On 2008-10-28 at 06:26 ADT, Erch wrote:
    >> Peter Chant wrote:

    >>> Oh, duff recollection on my part then, I thought it had not worked with
    >>> spaces for me!

    >> Thanks for your replies; and excuses for not answering earlier, vacation
    >> is finished and less time for software problems.
    >>
    >> I had to realize that my wep key on the speedport was wrong, i.e. had
    >> more than the required keys A-F and 0-9. So, I changed that. The
    >> speedport says that 26 characters for the key are required (124 bit
    >> encryption).
    >>
    >> Now at least my network is recognized, but I don't get an IP address.
    >>
    >> I set these commands:
    >>
    >> iwconfig wlan0 essid
    >> iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
    >> iwconfig wlan0 key [1] <26 character key
    >> iwconfig wlan0 channel auto
    >> iwconfig
    >>
    >> Iwconfig says:
    >>
    >> wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:"my essid"
    >> Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point:
    >> 00:1A:2A:12:C7:EA
    >> Bit Rate=54 Mb/s Tx-Power=27 dBm
    >> Retry min limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thr=2346 B
    >> Encryption key:26 characters key
    >> Link Quality=83/100 Signal level=-51 dBm Noise level=-127 dBm
    >> Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    >> Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
    >>
    >> But I don't get my IP address!

    > I guess I don't follow you. You are associated, can you not get an IP
    > now by either using
    > (1) dhcpcd, or
    > (2) just saying
    > ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.10
    > route add default gw
    > or something like that?
    >
    > Getting associated won't by itself, get you an IP. What are you doing
    > next to try to get an IP?
    >
    > Jim

    Thanks for your help and your patience. I spent another couple of hours
    with the problem, googleing reading and experimenting, I don't get it.
    As I said, wpa_supplicant does not accept the wep key. dhcpcd is running,
    and restarting it makes no difference - nb. reading dmesg shows me that
    dhcp takes eth0 as the wireless interface, and not wlan0. So I should
    configure this first.

    I think I have to realize that this is beyond my skills. And when I
    extrapolate - configuring a network is a comparatively simple task,
    in other distributions it is automatized so that I just insert my
    key and it runs - when I fail here, what shall I do when I get into
    _serious_ trouble? Next step is configuring the touchpad, and so
    on, but to be honest I'd like to use the system, not spend my time
    with configuration. Thus, as another member of this group puts it,
    slackware is too hard for me.

    Good bye and thanks for the fish,

    erch

  9. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    Erch wrote:
    > As I said, wpa_supplicant does not accept the wep key.

    Maybe the problem is that you are not aware of the difference between WPA
    and WEP. If your access point is configured for WPA you should use
    wpa_supplicant. If you did configure your access point for WEP you
    shouldn't use wpa_supplicant.

    If the problem is that you don't know how the access point is configured
    because the access point isn't yours you should probably not try to be
    using the access point at all.

    I have no experience from WPA myself. The easiest way to go would be
    without any encryption at all, but that wouldn't be safe. In my experience
    the next easiest way to set up is encrypiton using a 128-bit WEP key.

    regards Henrik
    root@localhost postmaster@localhost

  10. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    Erch wrote:

    > I had to realize that my wep key on the speedport was wrong, i.e. had
    > more than the required keys A-F and 0-9. So, I changed that. The
    > speedport says that 26 characters for the key are required (124 bit
    > encryption).

    Do you mean WPA, as you refer to wpa_supplicant? If you are using WEP
    strongly suggest you use WPA instead, from reading up on the subject WEP is
    not all that secure and apparently can be cracked fairly simply by
    listening to your wireless traffic - best avoided.

    Pete

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

  11. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    Henrik Carlqvist wrote:
    > Erch wrote:
    >> As I said, wpa_supplicant does not accept the wep key.

    > Maybe the problem is that you are not aware of the difference between WPA
    > and WEP. If your access point is configured for WPA you should use
    > wpa_supplicant. If you did configure your access point for WEP you
    > shouldn't use wpa_supplicant.

    Wpa_supplicant supports WEP. The alternative to using it for WEP is to
    try to configure the wireless using iwconfig which can be even more
    difficult.

    Jerry

  12. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    Jerry Peters wrote:
    >Wpa_supplicant supports WEP. The alternative to using it for WEP is to
    >try to configure the wireless using iwconfig which can be even more
    >difficult.

    Seconded. I use wpa_supplicant for open nodes, WEP, and WPA.

    It was only recently my drivers were good enough to work with
    wpa_supplicant, and I can definitely say it beats the old scripts I had
    to set it up by hand (and lets me on WPA nodes!)

    -Beej

  13. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    Erch wrote:
    > Jim Diamond wrote:

    >>> Thanks for your replies; and excuses for not answering earlier, vacation
    >>> is finished and less time for software problems.
    >>>
    >>> I had to realize that my wep key on the speedport was wrong, i.e. had
    >>> more than the required keys A-F and 0-9. So, I changed that. The
    >>> speedport says that 26 characters for the key are required (124 bit
    >>> encryption).
    >>>
    >>> Now at least my network is recognized, but I don't get an IP address.
    >>>
    >>> I set these commands:
    >>>
    >>> iwconfig wlan0 essid
    >>> iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
    >>> iwconfig wlan0 key [1] <26 character key
    >>> iwconfig wlan0 channel auto
    >>> iwconfig
    >>>
    >>> Iwconfig says:
    >>>
    >>> wlan0 IEEE 802.11g ESSID:"my essid"
    >>> Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point:
    >>> 00:1A:2A:12:C7:EA
    >>> Bit Rate=54 Mb/s Tx-Power=27 dBm
    >>> Retry min limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thr=2346 B
    >>> Encryption key:26 characters key
    >>> Link Quality=83/100 Signal level=-51 dBm Noise level=-127 dBm
    >>> Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    >>> Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
    >>>
    >>> But I don't get my IP address!

    >> I guess I don't follow you. You are associated, can you not get an IP
    >> now by either using
    >> (1) dhcpcd, or
    >> (2) just saying
    >> ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.10
    >> route add default gw
    >> or something like that?
    >>
    >> Getting associated won't by itself, get you an IP. What are you doing
    >> next to try to get an IP?
    >>
    >> Jim

    > Thanks for your help and your patience. I spent another couple of hours
    > with the problem, googleing reading and experimenting, I don't get it.
    > As I said, wpa_supplicant does not accept the wep key. dhcpcd is running,
    > and restarting it makes no difference - nb. reading dmesg shows me that
    > dhcp takes eth0 as the wireless interface, and not wlan0. So I should
    > configure this first.
    >
    > I think I have to realize that this is beyond my skills. And when I
    > extrapolate - configuring a network is a comparatively simple task,
    > in other distributions it is automatized so that I just insert my
    > key and it runs - when I fail here, what shall I do when I get into
    > _serious_ trouble? Next step is configuring the touchpad, and so
    > on, but to be honest I'd like to use the system, not spend my time
    > with configuration. Thus, as another member of this group puts it,
    > slackware is too hard for me.
    >
    > Good bye and thanks for the fish,
    >
    > erch

    Erch,

    Don't Panic!

    If your WiFi card is supported, by a Linux driver, them it will work
    with Slackware. One idea to try is to use the wpa_supplicant GUI tool if
    the command line stuff is giving you too much trouble.

    If you would like to allow normal users to have access to the wpa_gui
    program, you will need to edit one line in the /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    configuration file. On the ctrl_interface_group line, change the value
    of 0 to "users".

    ctrl_interface_group=users

    This will allow all members of the users group to have access to
    wpa_supplicant's interface. Now save and close the
    /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf file.

    The wpa_gui program is located in the /usr/sbin directory. It is nice to
    make a symbolic link to the program in the /usr/bin directory so the
    normal users can to have easy access to wpa_gui since /usr/bin is
    already in there path by default.

    ln -s /usr/sbin/wpa_gui /usr/bin/wpa_gui

    Now, regular uses should be able to run the wpa_gui command. If you
    start it from within a terminal, you should see any errors within the
    terminal while you enter your network details with the GUI.

    My whole personal Wi-Fi with WPA experience from start to finish has
    been quickly written up at
    http://www.ucalgary.ca/~cdkyle/slack...ckware_12.html

    Hope that helps.

    Chris

  14. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    Erch wrote:
    >Thus, as another member of this group puts it, slackware is too hard
    >for me.

    Forget those guys. It's not a matter of being too hard--it's more if
    you want to get your hands dirty or not; sounds like maybe not, and
    that's ok. Sometimes it's nice when things just work.

    FWIW, here's my setup.

    I have a Inspiron 5150 (5150! hehe!) with a broadcom card in it.

    I'm attaching two files to this; one is a command-line script I run to
    start things up, and another is my (obfuscated) wpa_supplicant.conf
    file.

    The script is just there to show the steps I use; you'll obviously have
    to modify it if you want to us it.

    -Beej

    All this was inspired or modified from samples included in Slackware:

    ------------------------- 8< -------------------------
    #!/bin/bash

    IF=wlan0

    # start us up
    wpa_supplicant -Bw -c/home/beej/bin/wpa_supplicant.conf -i$IF

    # wait until connected
    connected=0
    count=0
    while [ $count -lt 10 ]; do
    sleep 1
    count=`expr $count + 1`
    if (wpa_cli -i $IF status | grep -q "wpa_state=COMPLETED"); then
    connected=1
    break;
    fi
    done

    if [ $connected -eq 0 ]; then
    echo "Failed to connect."
    wpa_cli terminate
    exit 1
    fi

    # get IP and stuff
    dhcpcd -R -d $IF

    ------------------------- 8< -------------------------

    ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    ctrl_interface_group=0
    eapol_version=1
    ap_scan=1
    fast_reauth=1

    # WEP at my house:

    network={
    scan_ssid=0
    ssid="myhouse"
    key_mgmt=NONE
    wep_key0=1111111111fa15e11111111111
    wep_tx_keyidx=0
    }

    # CCMP TKIP at my friend's place,
    # I used /usr/sbin/wpa_passphrase to set this up,
    # See /usr/doc/wpa_supplicant-0.5.10/README.slackware:

    network={
    scan_ssid=0
    proto=WPA
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    pairwise=CCMP TKIP
    group=CCMP TKIP WEP104 WEP40
    ssid="SOME_SSID"
    #psk="somepassphrase"
    psk=2087166b862966e2f6e883747c992a3e8ef571816d0422 7d2b9d4123656b126c
    }

    # My friend's open node that I prefer to any other open node:

    network={
    scan_ssid=0
    ssid="palopen"
    key_mgmt=NONE
    }

    # Any other open node:

    network={
    key_mgmt=NONE
    priority=0
    }

    # /usr/doc/wpa_supplicant-0.5.10/wpa_supplicant.conf.sample has many
    # more examples

  15. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    This is a reply to all who have answered.

    Thank you very much for your assistance and encouragement. I'll try
    again in a week or so, at the moment my job is taking my whole
    attention. Saved your posts and read them carefully.

    > Don't Panic!

    You are absolutely right: I'll try again, and then I put my electronic
    thumb out of the linux again (not using windows

    cheers

    erch

  16. Re: wlan, dell notebook, slackware 12.1

    Erch wrote:

    > Hello there.
    >
    > I have a problem configuring the wlan on this dell inspiron 6400 notebook
    > with Slackware 12.1.
    >
    > iwlwifi-3945-ucode is installed, as my card is a PRO/Wireless 3945ABG.
    >

    > If I'm right, the system offers two programs: Kwifimanager and
    > wpa_supplicant. Kwifimanager scans with no result at all.

    [...]

    I'd like to thank those who answered. Without these posts, I would not
    have tried again. Now after trying more I had to realize that the
    solution in my case is very simple and all can be done with iwconfig.
    Here is the script that does the job:

    --------------------------------------------\

    #! /bin/sh

    sudo /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 essid
    sudo /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
    sudo /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 key [1]
    sudo /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 channel auto
    sudo /sbin/iwconfig
    sudo /sbin/route add default

    echo ""
    echo "iwconfig done"
    echo ""

    sudo /sbin/dhcpcd -o -d -t 300 -S wlan0

    echo ""
    echo "dhcpcd started"
    echo ""
    -----------------------------------------------/

    Perhaps my fault was (and it sometimes is) that I forgot the KISS
    principle and try to configure too much.

    I stop it with the command

    ------------------------------------------------\
    #!/bin/sh

    sudo /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 stop

    echo ""
    echo "network down."
    echo ""

    For me that is very comfortable because I only want to be online when I
    need it.

    I learned a lot ! And now it is the best solution I ever had.

    thanks, cheers,

    erch

+ Reply to Thread