Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

  1. Re: [OT] Tagging troll fights in the subject

    On 2008-10-26, Beej Jorgensen wrote:
    > Peter J Ross wrote:
    >>If that's not your idea of fun, ignoring replies to AC/SL is certainly
    >>a good policy. You might also want to ignore "[OT][AC]" in the Subject
    >>line, which is sometimes used here in NSR as an indication that the
    >>discussion is of interest only to students of abnormal psychology.

    > How about a general tag for trollfights? Then it can be specifically
    > killed. If a troll persists in posting without the tag, then that
    > address can be specifically killed. (I've no objection to tags specific
    > to an individual, as well, but it's a little harder to maintain.)
    >
    > comp.os.os2 apparently has already gone through all this:
    >
    > http://68.228.183.78:8080/TMFaq/#FUD4
    >
    > They use (used?) a tag [FUD4] in the subject line when the sender knew
    > he was responding to a trolling question.
    >
    > The meaning of the tag should be nothing more than, "People who don't
    > like to read responses to trolls should automatically delete this
    > message." It shouldn't be thought of as a particular indictment of the
    > parent poster.
    >
    > What say you guys?
    >
    > -Beej

    As your link suggests, it's an imperfect system. The systems also works on
    the assumption that people might play fair, especially the troll...people
    rarely play fair.

    Leave it to the individual to filter and weed as they see fit.

    ken

  2. Re: [OT] Tagging troll fights in the subject

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008, Dan C wrote:

    >> care factor?

    > No, I don't care if you want to appear as an illiterate stooge, with the
    > writing skills of an 8-year-old. I thought you might care, though.

    you are so cluel;ess daniel you couldnt even tell that that waa to mean i
    should care, which i dont, nit when hte crybaby sooking about it is only
    u, coz ur a nobody.

    >> You dont know what MailScanner is or how it works... seems your the noob.

    > I do know those things, n00b, and (again), it's "you're".

    nah ill typoe however i want whenever i want and theres sweet **** all you
    can do about it twat

    >> I insert one sig, the mail servers anti virus system inserts the second.

    > Yeah, I can see that. Just like I could in the last post. Doesn't mean
    > it doesn't need fixing, or that you should fix it.

    absolutely true, imho it doesnt need fixing, hence its staying that way,
    of yuor reader cant handle it, again not my problem and i have a 0 care
    factor

    > under-educated, careless stooge; and a complete n00b, I guess we're done
    > here. Stay in school, boy.

    sorry twatboi i graduated close to 30 years ago

    --
    Res

    If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!

    believed to be clean.

  3. Re: [OT] Tagging troll fights in the subject

    Res wrote:

    > you are so cluel;ess daniel you couldnt even tell that that waa to mean
    > i should care, which i dont, nit when hte crybaby sooking about it is
    > only u, coz ur a nobody.
    >
    > nah ill typoe however i want whenever i want and theres sweet **** all
    > you can do about it twat
    >
    > absolutely true, imho it doesnt need fixing, hence its staying that way,
    > of yuor reader cant handle it, again not my problem and i have a 0 care
    > factor

    > sorry twatboi i graduated close to 30 years ago

    Let me guess; it wasn't English Literature?

    With kind regards

    Chu

  4. Re: [OT] Tagging troll fights in the subject

    Res wrote:

    >On Sun, 26 Oct 2008, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> You have a double sig delimiter, which makes you appear quite the n00b,
    >> might want to fix it. Unless you really are that much of a n00b, of
    >> course.

    >You dont know what MailScanner is or how it works... seems your the noob.
    >I insert one sig, the mail servers anti virus system inserts the second.
    >Yes, I do mean mail server as well, ask your friend Sid, Alan, Tom, who
    >only reads headers, he can verify what I mean, but since cleanfeed or
    >spamassassin dont like his posts/mid/domain whatever, I wont see if
    >verifies it or not

    And this stops you from removing your sig delimiter so that there is only one?

  5. Re: [OT] Tagging troll fights in the subject

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, ChuMaiFat wrote:

    >> sorry twatboi i graduated close to 30 years ago
    >>

    > Let me guess; it wasn't English Literature?

    no it wasnt actually

    --
    Res

    If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!

    believed to be clean.

  6. Re: [OT] Tagging troll fights in the subject

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, nospam@nospam.com wrote:

    > And this stops you from removing your sig delimiter so that there is only one?

    are you really that pathetically bored to give a ****, i feel sorry for
    you

    --
    Res

    If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!

    believed to be clean.

  7. Re: [OT] Tagging troll fights in the subject

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:24:08 +1000, Res wrote:

    >>> care factor?

    >> No, I don't care if you want to appear as an illiterate stooge, with
    >> the writing skills of an 8-year-old. I thought you might care, though.

    > you are so cluel;ess daniel you couldnt even tell that that waa to mean
    > i should care, which i dont, nit when hte crybaby sooking about it is
    > only u, coz ur a nobody.

    The prosecution rests, your Honor.

    >> I do know those things, n00b, and (again), it's "you're".

    > nah ill typoe however i want whenever i want and theres sweet **** all
    > you can do about it twat

    You should be embarrassed by your illiteracy.

    >> under-educated, careless stooge; and a complete n00b, I guess we're
    >> done here. Stay in school, boy.

    > sorry twatboi i graduated close to 30 years ago

    Finishing Sunday school doesn't count, dimwit, and dropping out of grammar
    school after third grade doesn't count as "graduating".

  8. Re: [OT] Tagging troll fights in the subject

    Res wrote:

    >On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, nospam@nospam.com wrote:
    >
    >> And this stops you from removing your sig delimiter so that there is only one?

    >are you really that pathetically bored to give a ****, i feel sorry for
    >you

    So you are being annoying on purpose. That is quite easy to fix. *plonk*

  9. Re: [OT] Tagging troll fights in the subject

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, Dan C wrote:

    >> you are so cluel;ess daniel you couldnt even tell that that waa to mean
    >> i should care, which i dont, nit when hte crybaby sooking about it is
    >> only u, coz ur a nobody.

    > The prosecution rests, your Honor.

    dont care, i aint writtihn a ****in report here, im typing to a deadbeat
    usenet ****tart who thinks he some sorta king ****, and **** is about
    all.

    > You should be embarrassed by your illiteracy.

    nup, coz i dont give a rats ass

    >> sorry twatboi i graduated close to 30 years ago

    > Finishing Sunday school doesn't count, dimwit, and dropping out of grammar

    sundays school? lol went about 3 times when i was hrmm 12 i think, cant
    remember so long ago

    > school after third grade doesn't count as "graduating".

    and you assume english is everyones only language do you..

    sorry, im not your type you sick pervert

    --
    Res

    If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!

    believed to be clean.

  10. Re: [OT] Tagging troll fights in the subject

    On Tue, 27 Oct 2008, nospam@nospam.com wrote:

    > Res wrote:
    >>
    >> On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, nospam@nospam.com wrote:
    >>
    >>> And this stops you from removing your sig delimiter so that there is only one?

    >> are you really that pathetically bored to give a ****, i feel sorry for
    >> you

    > So you are being annoying on purpose. That is quite easy to fix. *plonk*

    no one is making you read anything i type, and i can assure you, you and
    ur boyfriend daniel have genrated far greater noise then any sigs have
    pot kettle black.

    --
    Res

    If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!

    believed to be clean.

  11. Re: Re: [OT] Tagging troll fights in the subject

    Res wrote:

    > and you assume english is everyones only language do you..

    I doubt that anyone subscribed to this newsgroup assumes that
    English is "everyones only language". Or even that English is
    the same language wherever it is spoken, read or written, see
    http://tinyurl.com/6yyqzs

    However the vast majority of those subscribed to this newsgroup
    use it, (English, in one of its many forms), at least when
    posting to this newsgroup, as their primary medium of
    communication. Therefore if one wishes to communicate as
    unambiguously as possible, it is helpful to write in English,
    which as nearly approaches the ideal as one is capable of
    managing. Passages such as "nah ill typoe however i want
    whenever i want and theres sweet **** all you can do about it
    twat", serve only to hinder clear communication.
    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

+ Reply to Thread