Slackware 12.1 and Samsung ML-2010 - Slackware

This is a discussion on Slackware 12.1 and Samsung ML-2010 - Slackware ; Has anyone got this to work? If so, what do I need to do. I have tried the Samsung drivers and the Splix drivers. When I try to print the test page from cups I get: With the splix drivers ...

  1. Slackware 12.1 and Samsung ML-2010

    Has anyone got this to work? If so, what do I need to do.

    I have tried the Samsung drivers and the Splix drivers.

    When I try to print the test page from cups I get:
    With the splix drivers I get pstoraster failed with status 1.
    With other drivers I get failed to load ppm.

    This is using Slackware 12.1, ipp to cups running on a debian etch box.
    The printer is attached to the debian box and prints a nice crisp test
    page from debian and a remote xp machine.

  2. Re: Slackware 12.1 and Samsung ML-2010

    Slack Attack wrote:

    > Has anyone got this to work? If so, what do I need to do.

    Yes :-)

    Delete any ppd files you previously tried in cups config dirs
    (/etc/cups/ppd or so, check for the file via locate/find) and use the
    foomatic ppd file for that printer in the cups printer setup.

    That way I got mine working, after all.

    > This is using Slackware 12.1, ipp to cups running on a debian etch
    > box.
    > The printer is attached to the debian box and prints a nice crisp
    > test
    > page from debian and a remote xp machine.

    Hm, havent tried that config, but if you need a ppd file on that slack
    box, use the foomatic one.

    HTH,
    S.

  3. Re: Slackware 12.1 and Samsung ML-2010

    Simon Sibbez wrote:
    > Slack Attack wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone got this to work? If so, what do I need to do.

    > Yes :-)
    >
    > Delete any ppd files you previously tried in cups config dirs
    > (/etc/cups/ppd or so, check for the file via locate/find) and use the
    > foomatic ppd file for that printer in the cups printer setup.
    >
    > That way I got mine working, after all.
    >

    >> This is using Slackware 12.1, ipp to cups running on a debian etch
    >> box.
    >> The printer is attached to the debian box and prints a nice crisp
    >> test
    >> page from debian and a remote xp machine.

    > Hm, havent tried that config, but if you need a ppd file on that slack
    > box, use the foomatic one.
    >
    > HTH,
    > S.

    Ok I am making progress using foomatic ppd. I now get
    "/usr/lib/cups/backend/ipp failed with status 1" when I try to print the
    test page from cups.

  4. Re: Slackware 12.1 and Samsung ML-2010

    Slack Attack wrote:

    >>> This is using Slackware 12.1, ipp to cups running on a debian etch
    >>> box.
    >>> The printer is attached to the debian box and prints a nice crisp
    >>> test
    >>> page from debian and a remote xp machine.

    >> Hm, havent tried that config, but if you need a ppd file on that
    >> slack box, use the foomatic one.

    Looks like you don't need that one.

    >> HTH,
    >> S.

    > Ok I am making progress using foomatic ppd. I now get
    > "/usr/lib/cups/backend/ipp failed with status 1" when I try to print
    > the test page from cups.

    http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Samsung...PS#Client_Side

    atm gentoo-wiki.com is once again borked, so check the all-knowing
    cache if need be:

    http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache...2&client=opera

+ Reply to Thread