Alt.OS.Linux.Slackware FAQ pointer - Slackware

This is a discussion on Alt.OS.Linux.Slackware FAQ pointer - Slackware ; Posted-By: auto-faq 3.3.1 (Perl 5.008) Archive-name: aolsfaq Current-maintainer: aolsfaq-maintainer@therockgarden.ca FAQ last update: 2007/12/05 This is a periodic pointer to the FAQ for the alt.os.linux.slackware newsgroup. The FAQ which may be frequently referred to in messages posted to the newsgroup may ...

  1. Alt.OS.Linux.Slackware FAQ pointer

    Posted-By: auto-faq 3.3.1 (Perl 5.008)
    Archive-name: aolsfaq
    Current-maintainer: aolsfaq-maintainer@therockgarden.ca

    FAQ last update: 2007/12/05

    This is a periodic pointer to the FAQ for the alt.os.linux.slackware
    newsgroup. The FAQ which may be frequently referred to in messages
    posted to the newsgroup may be found in its original text form at

    http://www.therockgarden.ca/aolsfaq.txt

    There is also an HTML-rendered copy at

    http://l0k1.free.fr/aolsfaq.html

  2. Re: Alt.OS.Linux.Slackware FAQ pointer

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 07:03:01 +0000,
    Periodic FAQ Pointer wrote:
    > Posted-By: auto-faq 3.3.1 (Perl 5.008)
    > Archive-name: aolsfaq
    > Current-maintainer: aolsfaq-maintainer@therockgarden.ca
    >

    > FAQ last update: 2007/12/05
    >
    > This is a periodic pointer to the FAQ for the alt.os.linux.slackware
    > newsgroup. The FAQ which may be frequently referred to in messages
    > posted to the newsgroup may be found in its original text form at
    >
    > http://www.therockgarden.ca/aolsfaq.txt
    >
    > There is also an HTML-rendered copy at
    >
    > http://l0k1.free.fr/aolsfaq.html

    For what it's worth, I borrowed this text for another newsgroup
    FAQ I maintain, but modified it slightly by expanding "FAQ." It
    didn't seem to add much in length, but might be helpful for *some*
    newcomers to the internet.

    --
    Theodore (Ted) Heise Bloomington, IN, USA

  3. Re: Alt.OS.Linux.Slackware FAQ pointer

    Theodore Heise wrote:

    > For what it's worth, I borrowed this text for another newsgroup
    > FAQ I maintain, but modified it slightly by expanding "FAQ." It
    > didn't seem to add much in length, but might be helpful for *some*
    > newcomers to the internet.

    I'm gald you find the text suitable. Ok, I've added an expansion for
    "FAQ", though I really don't expect it's necessary. The next
    FAQ-pointer posting will have the new text.

    unofficial FAQ maintainer alt.os.linux.slackware