vim, gpm, linux console - Slackware

This is a discussion on vim, gpm, linux console - Slackware ; I have problem with copy/paste with mouse (gpm) in linux console (non X) in Vim. E.g I attempt copy text from first console to second console where runing vim. Text is not copied. Why? vim --version --skip-- *+mouse_gpm* --skip-- Thanks, ...

  1. vim, gpm, linux console

    --
    Murat D. Kadirov

  2. Re: vim, gpm, linux console

    Murat D. Kadirov wrote:
    > I have problem with copy/paste with mouse (gpm) in linux console (non X)
    > in Vim. E.g I attempt copy text from first console to second console where
    > runing vim. Text is not copied. Why?

    Try holding down the Shift key when you copy and paste. That often works
    when the normal way doesn't.

    Sid

  3. Re: vim, gpm, linux console

    On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 04:44:30 +0000 (UTC), "Murat D. Kadirov" wrote:

    >I have problem with copy/paste with mouse (gpm) in linux console (non X)
    >in Vim. E.g I attempt copy text from first console to second console where
    >runing vim. Text is not copied. Why?
    >
    >vim --version
    >--skip--
    >*+mouse_gpm*
    >--skip--

    Are you running slack-12.0 or slack-12.1? The fix is:

    set mouse-=a " disable mouse drag -> visual mode

    if you mean different mouse drag operation from slack-11 -> slack-12.

    Grant.
    --
    http://bugsplatter.id.au/

  4. Re: vim, gpm, linux console

    Sidney Lambe wrote:
    > Murat D. Kadirov wrote:
    >> I have problem with copy/paste with mouse (gpm) in linux console (non X)
    >> in Vim. E.g I attempt copy text from first console to second console where
    >> runing vim. Text is not copied. Why?

    > Try holding down the Shift key when you copy and paste. That often works
    > when the normal way doesn't.

    That is the same advice you gave me back when you were Tom Newton.

    - Kurt

  5. Re: vim, gpm, linux console

    ~kurt wrote:

    > Sidney Lambe wrote:
    >> Murat D. Kadirov wrote:
    >>> I have problem with copy/paste with mouse (gpm) in linux console
    >>> (non X) in Vim. E.g I attempt copy text from first console to
    >>> second console where runing vim. Text is not copied. Why?

    >> Try holding down the Shift key when you copy and paste. That often
    >> works when the normal way doesn't.

    > That is the same advice you gave me back when you were Tom Newton.

    But back then, Tom Newton did press that key himself. Now old age got
    him...

    S.

  6. Re: vim, gpm, linux console

    Simon Sibbez wrote:
    > ~kurt wrote:
    >
    >> Sidney Lambe wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Try holding down the Shift key when you copy and paste. That often
    >>> works when the normal way doesn't.

    >> That is the same advice you gave me back when you were Tom Newton.

    > But back then, Tom Newton did press that key himself. Now old age got
    > him...
    >
    > S.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2008&safe=off

    Gee, I wonder who this is...

    This newsgroups has more stupid punks on it per square meter than almost any
    other newsgroup on the usenet.

    And like all usenet vermin, they all have a dozen names they hide behind, with
    their tails between their legs.

    Sid

  7. Re: vim, gpm, linux console

    Sidney Lambe wrote:
    > Simon Sibbez wrote:
    >> ~kurt wrote:

    >>> That is the same advice you gave me back when you were Tom Newton.

    >> But back then, Tom Newton did press that key himself. Now old age got
    >> him...
    >>
    >> S.

    > http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2008&safe=off
    >
    > Gee, I wonder who this is...
    >
    > This newsgroups has more stupid punks on it per square meter than almost any
    > other newsgroup on the usenet.
    >
    > And like all usenet vermin, they all have a dozen names they hide behind, with
    > their tails between their legs.
    >

    > Sid

    I guess I should state the obvious for the newbies: People who hide behind different names
    are always accusing others of doing just that, in the same way that thieves are always
    accusing others of trying to rip them off.

    Sid

  8. Re: vim, gpm, linux console

    Sidney Lambe wrote:

    > I guess I should state the obvious for the newbies: People who hide behind different names
    > are always accusing others of doing just that, in the same way that thieves are always
    > accusing others of trying to rip them off.

    Hey newb, your word wrap is broken. That is almost as embarrassing as when
    you used to have a sig that was too long.

    - Kurt

  9. Re: vim, gpm, linux console

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 12:26:57 -0700, Sidney Lambe wrote:

    > I guess I should state the obvious for the newbies: People who hide
    > behind different names are always accusing others of doing just that, in
    > the same way that thieves are always accusing others of trying to rip
    > them off.

    So, is this why you have "evolved" from posting by the name of "Alan
    Connor", then changing to "Tom Newton", and now "Sidney Lambe"? I may
    have left a few out, I'm not sure.

    Another tip for the newbies: This dimwit is the most reviled piece of
    **** on Usenet. For more info about him, see link in my sig block.

    --
    "Sidney Lambe" ("Tom Newton") - the latest nymshift of "Alan Connor".
    Read more about the netkook Alan Connor here:

  10. Re: vim, gpm, linux console

    On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 11:47:53 -0700, Sidney Lambe wrote:

    > This newsgroups has more stupid punks on it per square meter than almost
    > any other newsgroup on the usenet.

    :%s/stupid punks/people I can't fool

    --
    Chick Tower

    For e-mail: aols2 DOT sent DOT towerboy AT xoxy DOT net

  11. Re: vim, gpm, linux console

    Chick Tower wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 11:47:53 -0700, Sidney Lambe wrote:
    >
    >> This newsgroups has more stupid punks on it per square meter than almost
    >> any other newsgroup on the usenet.

    >:%s/stupid punks/people I can't fool

    And there you have another statement that only a stupid punk
    would make.

    That's the thing about stupid punks: You hand them a shovel and
    kick back and watch them dig their own graves.

    I could obviously fool you any time I wanted to, simply by using
    a different newsserver and a different name and a different
    user-agent header, etc.

    Anyone reading this who isn't a stupid punk knows that.

    Sid

  12. Re: vim, gpm, linux console

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 10:38:48 -0700, Sidney Lambe wrote:

    >>> This newsgroups has more stupid punks on it per square meter than almost
    >>> any other newsgroup on the usenet.

    >>:%s/stupid punks/people I can't fool

    > I could obviously fool you any time I wanted to, simply by using
    > a different newsserver and a different name and a different
    > user-agent header, etc.

    You mean like when you post from different names, such as "Alan Connor",
    "Tom Newton", and now "Sidney Lambe"? You mean like that?

    You're not fooling anyone, you ignorant ****ing whack-job.
    Bugger off back to the halfway house and get back on the medication.

    --
    "Sidney Lambe" ("Tom Newton") - the latest nymshift of "Alan Connor".
    Read more about the netkook Alan Connor here:
    http://www.pearlgates.net/nanae/kooks/ac/fga.shtml
    Email him: calhobbit@gmail.com or simpleman.s43@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread