Burning slackware current iso - Slackware

This is a discussion on Burning slackware current iso - Slackware ; I have a dvd-capable read-write drive of recent vintage. I am downloading the slack current iso. For cdrecord session I address dev=1001,0,0. Slack 12.0. Can someone give me the exact command line needed to burn the slack current dvd iso ...

  1. Burning slackware current iso

    I have a dvd-capable read-write drive of recent vintage. I am
    downloading the slack current iso.
    For cdrecord session I address dev=1001,0,0.

    Slack 12.0.

    Can someone give me the exact command line needed to burn the slack
    current dvd iso on
    a dvd blank? The growisofs man page tells me more than I really want
    to know. And I donīt even know if that is the correct program for this
    task.

    John Culleton

  2. Re: Burning slackware current iso

    On 2008-10-04, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:

    > I have a dvd-capable read-write drive of recent vintage. I am
    > downloading the slack current iso.

    [...]

    > Can someone give me the exact command line needed to burn the slack
    > current dvd iso on
    > a dvd blank?

    Hmmmm.... not sure if you mean the actual tree or a 3rd party iso?
    Anyway the info you are after can be found here:

    ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackwar...nux/README.TXT

    Have a look at:

    http://www.andrews-corner.org/burning.html#distro

    or some easy directions on using cdrecord and growisofs in general.

    Andrew

    --
    echo 'http://www.andrews-corner.org/mutt.html' | \
    sed -e 's/\///g' -e 's/.\{12\}$/com/' \