Wanted: Recipes database - Slackware

This is a discussion on Wanted: Recipes database - Slackware ; Hallo All, I'm looking for a recipes data base with the possibility to import (text), export (html, pdf), search on name, keywords and/or ingredients &c... A bit like the good old MealMaster and QBook under MS-DOS. Of course it should ...

  1. Wanted: Recipes database

    Hallo All,

    I'm looking for a recipes data base with the possibility to
    import (text), export (html, pdf), search on name, keywords
    and/or ingredients &c... A bit like the good old MealMaster
    and QBook under MS-DOS. Of course it should work under
    SlackWare; does not *have* to come as Slack package. And
    preferably it should be possible to use it remote via the
    browser (Apache server).
    Does anyone know of such a beast? Google did not get me
    anywhere.
    Thanks for any useful hints.

    Groeten,

    Hans.

    jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt nl

  2. Re: Wanted: Recipes database

    On Sep 28, 2:08*pm, "Johannes Beekhuizen"
    wrote:
    > Hallo All,
    >
    > I'm looking for a recipes data base with the possibility to
    > import (text), export (html, pdf), search on name, keywords
    > and/or ingredients &c... A bit like the good old MealMaster
    > and QBook under MS-DOS. Of course it should work under
    > SlackWare; does not *have* to come as Slack package. And
    > preferably it should be possible to use it remote via the
    > browser (Apache server).
    > Does anyone know of such a beast? Google did not get me
    > anywhere.
    > Thanks for any useful hints.
    >
    > Groeten,
    >
    > * * * * * *Hans.
    >
    > jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt nl

    I'm not familiar with MealMaster and QBook, but you might want to give
    krecipes a try. Slacky has a SlackBuild for it:
    http://repository.slacky.eu/slackwar.../1.0beta1/src/

    jim

  3. Re: Wanted: Recipes database

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008, Johannes Beekhuizen wrote:

    > Hallo All,
    >
    > I'm looking for a recipes data base with the possibility to
    > import (text), export (html, pdf), search on name, keywords
    > and/or ingredients &c... A bit like the good old MealMaster
    > and QBook under MS-DOS. Of course it should work under
    > SlackWare; does not *have* to come as Slack package. And
    > preferably it should be possible to use it remote via the
    > browser (Apache server).
    > Does anyone know of such a beast? Google did not get me
    > anywhere.
    > Thanks for any useful hints.

    Can you write interfaces? cgi/php? I have a copy of some recupies in a
    MySQL database I got from somewhere a year or so ago, theres no pics or
    anything like that, its just text.

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    "The hopes we had, were much to high, way out of reach, but we have to
    try, no need to hide, no need to run, cause all the answers come one by
    one" -Freiheit

  4. Re: Wanted: Recipes database

    Hallo Jim,

    Op zondag 28 september 2008 schreef jdoepp aan All:

    >> I'm looking for a recipes data base

    jd> I'm not familiar with MealMaster and QBook,

    I wonder how many people still are

    jd> but you might want to give krecipes a try. Slacky has a
    jd> SlackBuild for it:
    jd> http://repository.slacky.eu/slackwar...ies/krecipes/1.
    jd> 0beta1/src/

    I'll have a look at it. Thank you very much.

    Groeten,

    Hans.

    jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt nl

  5. Re: Wanted: Recipes database

    Hallo Res,

    Op zondag 28 september 2008 schreef Res aan All:

    >> I'm looking for a recipes data base

    Re> Can you write interfaces? cgi/php?

    No. I am often thinking that I should, but the energy to start
    on it fails me.

    Groeten,

    Hans.

    jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt nl

  6. Re: Wanted: Recipes database

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 13:08:59 +0200, Johannes Beekhuizen wrote:

    > I'm looking for a recipes data base with the possibility to import (text),
    > export (html, pdf), search on name, keywords and/or ingredients &c... A
    > bit like the good old MealMaster and QBook under MS-DOS. Of course it
    > should work under SlackWare; does not *have* to come as Slack package. And
    > preferably it should be possible to use it remote via the browser (Apache
    > server).

    Well, I don't know if this will meet any of your requrements, Hans, but
    you could look at

    http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php/Gourmet_Recipe_Mgr

    It doesn't look like it would be terribly difficult to get running under
    Slackware.

    --
    Chick Tower

    For e-mail: aols2 DOT sent DOT towerboy AT xoxy DOT net

  7. Re: Wanted: Recipes database

    Hallo Jim,

    Op zondag 28 september 2008 schreef jdoepp aan All:

    jd> but you might want to give krecipes a try. Slacky has a
    jd> SlackBuild for it:

    Unfortunately this asked for TinySQL when I tried to run it.
    In the meantime I've been able to find the sources [onsorceforge]
    and compile and install it. It will take some getting used to,
    but it looks quite useful.
    Thank you very much!

    Groeten,

    Hans.

    jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt nl

+ Reply to Thread