favourite MTA - Slackware

This is a discussion on favourite MTA - Slackware ; This message has been sent to several industry lists, but I guess is applicable here as well Some of you may recall back in late 2006 we ran an international poll on MTA's, where over a period of several months, ...

  1. favourite MTA

    This message has been sent to several industry lists, but I guess is
    applicable here as well

    Some of you may recall back in late 2006 we ran an international poll on
    MTA's,
    where over a period of several months, and 12 and a half thousand voters
    later,
    Sendmail was declared king, followed by Qmail, then Exim then Postfix,
    Exchange
    and some lesser know immaterials ...

    Well folks we have wiped the 'ol one clean, and asking for votes again as
    a lot
    may have changed in nearly 2 years, If you want to cast your vote, feel
    free to
    at http://polls.ausics.net/v3.php

    All the best.

  2. Re: favourite MTA

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:09:20 +1000, Res wrote:

    > Some of you may recall back in late 2006 we ran an international poll on
    > MTA's,
    > where over a period of several months, and 12 and a half thousand voters
    > later,
    > Sendmail was declared king, followed by Qmail, then Exim then Postfix,
    > Exchange
    > and some lesser know immaterials ...

    Looks like Postfix is winning so far. Hooray!

  3. Re: favourite MTA

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:09:20 +1000, Res wrote:

    > Some of you may recall back in late 2006 we ran an international poll on
    > MTA's,
    > where over a period of several months, and 12 and a half thousand voters
    > later,
    > Sendmail was declared king, followed by Qmail, then Exim then Postfix,
    > Exchange
    > and some lesser know immaterials ...

    Looks like Postfix is winning so far. Hooray!

  4. Re: favourite MTA

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:09:20 +1000, Res wrote:

    > Some of you may recall back in late 2006 we ran an international poll on
    > MTA's,
    > where over a period of several months, and 12 and a half thousand voters
    > later,
    > Sendmail was declared king, followed by Qmail, then Exim then Postfix,
    > Exchange
    > and some lesser know immaterials ...

    Looks like Postfix is winning so far. Hooray!

  5. Re: favourite MTA

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:09:20 +1000, Res wrote:

    > Some of you may recall back in late 2006 we ran an international poll on
    > MTA's,
    > where over a period of several months, and 12 and a half thousand voters
    > later,
    > Sendmail was declared king, followed by Qmail, then Exim then Postfix,
    > Exchange
    > and some lesser know immaterials ...

    Looks like Postfix is winning so far. Hooray!

  6. Re: favourite MTA

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 17:16:10 +0000, Mike Bleiweiss sprout:

    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:09:20 +1000, Res wrote:

    >> Some of you may recall back in late 2006 we ran an international poll
    >> on MTA's,

    > Looks like XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Hooray!

    sigh no more ;-)
    # kbdrate -d 500 -r 2.0 -s

  7. Re: favourite MTA

    Mike Bleiweiss wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:09:20 +1000, Res wrote:
    >> Some of you may recall back in late 2006 we ran an international poll on
    >> MTA's,

    > Looks like Postfix is winning so far. Hooray!

    Maybe it is because some people are voting 4 times for postfix :-)

    regards Henrik
    root@localhost postmaster@localhost

  8. Re: favourite MTA

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008, Mike Bleiweiss wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:09:20 +1000, Res wrote:
    >

    >> Some of you may recall back in late 2006 we ran an international poll on
    >> MTA's,
    >> where over a period of several months, and 12 and a half thousand voters
    >> later,
    >> Sendmail was declared king, followed by Qmail, then Exim then Postfix,
    >> Exchange
    >> and some lesser know immaterials ...

    > Looks like Postfix is winning so far. Hooray!

    Yeah, big turn around from last survey 2 years ago, when PF scored less
    then qmail IIRC, but sendmail has shot themselves in the foot by saying
    if you want feature X, (like SQL support) you write and submit it and
    continue to maintain it. Every person I know moving to PF is becuase of
    its ease with virtuals and antive *sql support.. in fact even we did a
    month ago when we finally got rid of our sendmail feeding qmail setup.

    I still think sendmail is just as easy to configre as PF, if I was using
    system user accounts, I'd stick with sendmail coz I know it better, but
    when replacing a mail system (qmail/vpopmail) with over 100K users
    we're not going to setup LDAP when everthing else talks MySQL so the
    choice was easy and being MailDir the conversion was painless as well
    thank god

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    "The hopes we had, were much to high, way out of reach, but we have to
    try, no need to hide, no need to run, cause all the answers come one by
    one" -Freiheit

  9. Re: favourite MTA

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:11:43 +0000, Loki Harfagr wrote:

    > On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 17:16:10 +0000, Mike Bleiweiss sprout:
    >
    >> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:09:20 +1000, Res wrote:

    >>> Some of you may recall back in late 2006 we ran an international poll
    >>> on MTA's,

    >> Looks like XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Hooray!

    > sigh no more ;-)
    > # kbdrate -d 500 -r 2.0 -s

    Yeah that was wierd - I posted it once and it showed up four times.

    Hmm... something funky's going on with Motzarella

+ Reply to Thread