Re: Can anyone recommend a good bandwidth meter for slack? - Slackware

This is a discussion on Re: Can anyone recommend a good bandwidth meter for slack? - Slackware ; Frank Bell wrote: > Unfortunately, I'm a Comcast customer. > > http://www.comcast.net/terms/network/amendment/ How rude - with Konqueror it simply directed me to a page telling me to upgrade to IE7, Firefox or Safari. No mention of Opera but it did ...

  1. Re: Can anyone recommend a good bandwidth meter for slack?

    Frank Bell wrote:

    > Unfortunately, I'm a Comcast customer.
    >
    > http://www.comcast.net/terms/network/amendment/

    How rude - with Konqueror it simply directed me to a page telling me to
    upgrade to IE7, Firefox or Safari. No mention of Opera but it did not
    redirect it.

    Pete

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

  2. Re: Can anyone recommend a good bandwidth meter for slack?

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:21:12 -0400, Peter Chant
    wrote:

    >> Frank Bell pointed to

    >> http://www.comcast.net/terms/network/amendment/

    > How rude - with Konqueror it simply directed me to a page telling me to
    > upgrade to IE7, Firefox or Safari. No mention of Opera but it did not
    > redirect it.

    I went there with Opera set to identify as Opera and had no problem. In
    fact, I use Opera whenever I want to access comcast.net--well, actually, I
    use Opera all the time--from both Windows and Linux machines and have
    never encountered that. (I'm no Comcast fan--it's them or Verizon, and I
    hate Verizon more.)

    And I agree--how rude.

    I went some place the other day that told me to come back as IE or Firefox.

    That kind of crap is simply a sign of lazy and/or incompetent web
    developers. Mostly lazy.

    I came back with Opera set to "mask as" Firefox and successfully navigated
    the site.

    (I admit--I'm an Opera fanboy since v. 3.)

  3. Re: Can anyone recommend a good bandwidth meter for slack?

    Frank Bell wrote:

    > (I admit--I'm an Opera fanboy since v. 3.)

    I flit between it, Firefox and Konqueror. Firefox has the nice shiny
    plugins but Opera seems faster. Really browser choice should be a
    non-issue. Browser specific code is only necessary for browsers that don't
    behave as they ought.

    --
    http://www.petezilla.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread