grissiom wrote:
> cannot find -lqt
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> Does anyone have any idea?

Tha flag -lqt tells the linker to link to a library called libqt but the
linker seems to fail finding this library.

I'm no expert in KDE or qt programming, but on my Slackware 9.1 I have the
following qt libraries installed:

/usr/lib/qt-3.2.1/lib/libqt.so.3.2.1
/usr/lib/qt-3.2.1/lib/libqt.so.3.2
/usr/lib/qt-3.2.1/lib/libqt.so.3
/usr/lib/qt-3.2.1/lib/libqt.so

If the path to those libraries would be given with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or the
flag "-L /usr/lib/qt-3.2.1/lib" to the linker the linker would probably be
able to use the dynamic library libqt.so.

However, on my Slackware 12.0 system I don't have any libqt.so. Instead I
have:

/usr/lib/qt-3.3.8/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
/usr/lib/qt-3.3.8/lib/libqt-mt.prl
/usr/lib/qt-3.3.8/lib/libqt-mt.la
/usr/lib/qt-3.3.8/lib/libqt-mt.so
/usr/lib/qt-3.3.8/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.8
/usr/lib/qt-3.3.8/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3

I'm only guessing now, but maybe libqt-mt is some multithreaded version of
libqt?

I can't tell for sure if your problem comes from looking for the wrong
libraries or if you are missing some libraries.

regards Henrik
root@localhost postmaster@localhost