Mplayer video output problem - Slackware

This is a discussion on Mplayer video output problem - Slackware ; I am haviung video output problem in mplayer (gui version i.e gmplayer) i have default blue skin and all the codecs installed in the specified directory here is the error Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device also sound works ...

  1. Mplayer video output problem

    I am haviung video output problem in mplayer (gui version i.e
    gmplayer) i have default blue skin and all the codecs installed in the
    specified directory here is the error

    Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device

    also sound works fine

  2. Re: Mplayer video output problem

    ganesha wrote:
    > I am haviung video output problem in mplayer (gui version i.e
    > gmplayer) i have default blue skin and all the codecs installed in the
    > specified directory here is the error
    >
    > Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device

    Can you run it from the command line? Try using the -vo option set to
    x11 (sub-optimal, but should work in most cases). Have a fiddle about
    and see which -vo options work, then edit mplayer.conf to use that.

    As usual:

    man mplayer

    Blumf

+ Reply to Thread