Download current - Slackware

This is a discussion on Download current - Slackware ; Forgot the url for downloading slackware current. The slackware.org site must have it somewhere but can't find it. PLease? John Culleton...

  1. Download current

    Forgot the url for downloading slackware current. The slackware.org
    site must have it somewhere but can't find it.

    PLease?

    John Culleton

  2. Re: Download current

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:32:09 -0700, john@wexfordpress.com wrote:

    > Forgot the url for downloading slackware current. The slackware.org
    > site must have it somewhere but can't find it.
    >
    > PLease?
    >
    > John Culleton

    Lots of mirrors have it, including this one:
    http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/

    Also, "Get Slack" http://www.slackware.com/getslack/

    --
    Douglas Mayne

  3. Re: Download current

    On Sep 18, 10:02 am, Douglas Mayne wrote:
    > On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 06:32:09 -0700, j...@wexfordpress.com wrote:
    > > Forgot the url for downloading slackware current. The slackware.org
    > > site must have it somewhere but can't find it.

    > > PLease?

    > > John Culleton

    > Lots of mirrors have it, including this one:http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/
    >
    > Also, "Get Slack"http://www.slackware.com/getslack/
    >
    > --
    > Douglas Mayne

    Thanks. I was looking on slackware.org but it resides on slackware.com.

  4. Re: Download current

    john@wexfordpress.com wrote:

    > Thanks. I was looking on slackware.org but it resides on slackware.com.

    That's odd: I don't see how you would see either site as any different
    from each other:

    : alcor[syl] ~; host www.slackware.com
    www.slackware.com is an alias for slackware.com.
    slackware.com has address 64.57.102.34
    slackware.com mail is handled by 1 mail-mx.cwo.com.
    : alcor[syl] ~; host www.slackware.org
    www.slackware.org is an alias for www.slackware.com.
    www.slackware.com is an alias for slackware.com.
    slackware.com has address 64.57.102.34
    slackware.com mail is handled by 1 mail-mx.cwo.com.

    Oh ... this is interesting:

    : alcor[syl] ~; host slackware.org
    slackware.org has address 12.246.148.57
    slackware.org mail is handled by 5 vapor.arpa.org.

    If I were you, I'd bookmark "www.slackware.com" and avoid any future
    confusion.

    Network and Systems analyst Concordia University