Slackware 12.1 two memory leaks patched in XFCE 4.4.2 - Slackware

This is a discussion on Slackware 12.1 two memory leaks patched in XFCE 4.4.2 - Slackware ; All, Thanks to rworkman thrice` and FreeNode ##slackware in general. Here is a memory leak bug from Slackware 12.1. It was accidentally incorrectly patched in xfce.SlackBuild and also failed to patch another memory leak found after it was rolled into ...

  1. Slackware 12.1 two memory leaks patched in XFCE 4.4.2

    All,

    Thanks to rworkman thrice` and FreeNode ##slackware in general.

    Here is a memory leak bug from Slackware 12.1. It was accidentally
    incorrectly patched in xfce.SlackBuild and also failed to patch another
    memory leak found after it was rolled into a package. Basically, xfdesktop
    has two memory leaks in 4.4.2 that were reported to XFCE's bug tracking and
    patched in Debian (thanks Debian team!). The one leak not accounted for
    was the one in xfdesktop's menu-spec.

    I rolled a new xfce.SlackBuild with help from rworkman and built it.
    It works fine and so far xfdesktop is not hogging triple-digit MB of
    virtual RAM in top any more, so it appears to have worked very well (since
    xfdesktop was only up for a week last time, and as of now it's been up
    almost 24 hours). Changes: added patch file and patch logic for the other
    memory leak, and fixed the patch command (-p0 not -p1) for the first memory
    leak.

    So here are the files:

    http://www.puresimplicity.net/~twinr...fce.SlackBuild

    http://www.puresimplicity.net/~twinr...nuspec.diff.gz

    Thanks!

    Very respectfully,

    Robert Delahunt (aka TwinReverb)
    --
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
    that they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights,

  2. Re: Slackware 12.1 two memory leaks patched in XFCE 4.4.2

    Uh, to make sure people know, it ended up hitting Slackware-Current's change
    log. I appreciate Patrick mentioning me, but all I really did is gripe in
    ##slackware and #xfce on FreeNode until someone pointed out some
    patches. I didn't do very much, I just "discovered" it.

    Robert Delahunt wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > Thanks to rworkman thrice` and FreeNode ##slackware in general.
    >
    > Here is a memory leak bug from Slackware 12.1. It was accidentally
    > incorrectly patched in xfce.SlackBuild and also failed to patch another
    > memory leak found after it was rolled into a package. Basically,
    > xfdesktop has two memory leaks in 4.4.2 that were reported to XFCE's bug
    > tracking and
    > patched in Debian (thanks Debian team!). The one leak not accounted for
    > was the one in xfdesktop's menu-spec.
    >
    > I rolled a new xfce.SlackBuild with help from rworkman and built it.
    > It works fine and so far xfdesktop is not hogging triple-digit MB of
    > virtual RAM in top any more, so it appears to have worked very well (since
    > xfdesktop was only up for a week last time, and as of now it's been up
    > almost 24 hours). Changes: added patch file and patch logic for the other
    > memory leak, and fixed the patch command (-p0 not -p1) for the first
    > memory leak.
    >
    > So here are the files:
    >
    > http://www.puresimplicity.net/~twinr...fce.SlackBuild

    http://www.puresimplicity.net/~twinr...nuspec.diff.gz

    > Thanks!
    >
    > Very respectfully,
    >
    > Robert Delahunt (aka TwinReverb)

    --
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
    that they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights,
    that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
    -- United States Declaration of Independence

+ Reply to Thread