[OT] Public Notice - Slackware

This is a discussion on [OT] Public Notice - Slackware ; Frank Bell wrote: > NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:16:40 -0500 > Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:18:43 -0400 > Subject: Re: [OT] Public Notice > From: "Frank Bell" > Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; delsp=yes; charset=iso-8859-1 > MIME-Version: 1.0 > Newsgroups: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. Re: [OT] Public Notice

    Frank Bell wrote:
    > Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:18:43 -0400
    > Subject: Re: [OT] Public Notice
    > From: "Frank Bell"
    > Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.slackware
    >
    > On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:22:20 -0400, Sidney Lambe
    > wrote:
    >
    >> There's an ignorant, obnoxious, stupid and malicious motormouth
    >> with delusions of authority and credibility that I killfiled
    >> months ago who hangs out on this group.

    > I've been following this thread.
    >
    > It's interesting how your siggy suddenly appeared out of nowhere.
    >
    > [EDITORIAL MODE ON]
    >
    > If an obnoxious poster sends you this far over the line, you really should
    > give up on usenet and go have a nice cup of tea with, of course, your
    > pinkie sticking out, in some little tea shop somewhere.
    >
    > [EDITORIAL MODE OFF]
    >
    > Go away and let the grown-ups talk.

    This is fun!

    We have a person here who has supposedly been on the Usenet since 1996

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=au...2008&safe=off&

    But he's using the mickey mouse news client incorporated in a web browser?
    I don't think so.

    And he only has about 822 posts over 12 years yet he has a GIGANEWS account?
    I don't think so.

    I think that what's going on here is that Dancing Colon has stolen someone else's
    name.

    That's low. That's turds in the toilet low. That's kiddy porn low.

    I ask this group again: Why do you welcome human scum like this on
    your group?

    And please don't tell us that you don't know who I am talking about.

    Because if you do, you are lying.

    As for this fellow killfiling me? Bull****.

    Sid

    --
    My newsfilter kills all threads and subthreads
    originating with a post from googlegroups.

  2. Re: [OT] Public Notice

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Sidney Lambe wrote:

    > Sidney Lambe wrote:
    >
    > I'd like to add here that I don't believe the person hiding behind this
    > Frank Bell name has killfiled me. I am very, very sure he is reading my
    > posts.

    vi /var/news/cf/cleanfeed

    if (rexp("Organization",".*\.x-private\.org")) reject "=== wankers"

    Now there be silence

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    "The hopes we had, were much to high, way out of reach, but we have to
    try, no need to hide, no need to run, cause all the answers come one by
    one. The game will never be over, because we're keeping the dream alive"
    -Freiheit

  3. Re: [OT] Public Notice

    Res wrote:

    > vi /var/news/cf/cleanfeed
    >
    > if (rexp("Organization",".*\.x-private\.org")) reject "=== wankers"

    I was contemplating path-exclusion, but from what I can see in my spool,
    there would be collatoral damage (and so presumably also with your
    approach). Not to mention this won't catch followups unless the user
    following up uses the same netnews provider.

    I think it may be more effective to filter on "@amma.net" in Message-ID
    or References.

    Network and Systems analyst / Newsmaster Concordia University

  4. Re: [OT] Public Notice

    The nym calling himself "Sidney Lambe" today shat:

    >I'd like to add here that I don't believe the person hiding
    >behind this Frank Bell name has killfiled me. I am very,
    >very sure he is reading my posts.

    Killfiled losers such as yourself *always* think that they
    are so darn interesting that nobody could possibly resist
    reading the boring crap they post. Get over yourself.

    >Only 834 posts from someone who is obviously an old
    >Usenet hand? And on an incredible variety of newsgroups?

    1,250,000 post from me (me@privacy.net) and I too think
    that you are a worthless nymshifting bag of crap.

    http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...%40privacy.net

    >yet he has a GIGANEWS account?

    Giganews is by far the largest source of posts to newsgroups,
    and is used by so many posters that it gives you no real
    information that can distinguish between them.

  5. Re: [OT] Public Notice

    * wrote in alt.os.linux.slackware:

    > 1,250,000 post from me (me@privacy.net) and I too think
    > that you are a worthless nymshifting bag of crap.
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...3Ame%40privacy.
    > net

    Come on dude, thats a stretch

    You didnt think that was only you, did you?

    --
    David

  6. Re: [OT] Public Notice

    On 2008-09-18, me@privacy.net wrote:

    > Killfiled losers such as yourself *always* think that they
    > are so darn interesting that nobody could possibly resist
    > reading the boring crap they post. Get over yourself.

    If he's not interesting, why are you feeding him? *He* *is* *trolling*.
    Resist reading (and more importantly, responding to) the boring crap he
    posts.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  7. Re: [OT] Public Notice

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, Sylvain Robitaille wrote:

    > Res wrote:
    >
    >> vi /var/news/cf/cleanfeed
    >>
    >> if (rexp("Organization",".*\.x-private\.org")) reject "=== wankers"

    > I was contemplating path-exclusion, but from what I can see in my spool,
    > there would be collatoral damage (and so presumably also with your
    > approach). Not to mention this won't catch followups unless the user
    > following up uses the same netnews provider.

    I am aware and prepared top accept any collateral damage, sometimes, it is
    just worth it

    > I think it may be more effective to filter on "@amma.net" in Message-ID
    > or References.

    This can be changed a lot easier then Org, but I get your point. It is how
    I deny googlegroups posts into our servers, coz they wont change MID
    domain

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    "The hopes we had, were much to high, way out of reach, but we have to
    try, no need to hide, no need to run, cause all the answers come one by
    one. The game will never be over, because we're keeping the dream alive"
    -Freiheit

  8. Re: [OT] Public Notice

    On Fri, 18 Sep 2008, me@privacy.net wrote:

    > Giganews is by far the largest source of posts to newsgroups,
    > and is used by so many posters that it gives you no real
    > information that can distinguish between them.

    This is true, and countless service providors feed off them, including us,
    but we dont get an ihave feed, only suck, therefor I think they strip the
    path/Org at their network, well, they used to anyway, so you really have
    no idea, as you rightfully pointed out

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    "The hopes we had, were much to high, way out of reach, but we have to
    try, no need to hide, no need to run, cause all the answers come one by
    one. The game will never be over, because we're keeping the dream alive"
    -Freiheit

  9. Re: [OT] Public Notice

    On 2008-09-18, Sidney Lambe wrote:

    > As for this fellow killfiling me? Bull****.