kppp and mobile networking. - Slackware

This is a discussion on kppp and mobile networking. - Slackware ; Hi all. I wonder how the h-ll do I get kppp to work as a normal user?? Logging in as root and configure it and use it works without problem. Loggin as a normal user and nothing works. Tested almost ...

  1. kppp and mobile networking.

    Hi all.
    I wonder how the h-ll do I get kppp to work as a normal user??
    Logging in as root and configure it and use it works without problem.
    Loggin as a normal user and nothing works. Tested almost everything that I
    found on the net to get it working. But no luck.

    The following output is what I get:
    Opener: received SetSecret
    Opener: received SetSecret
    Opener: received OpenLock
    Opener: received OpenDevice
    Segmentation fault

    Running Slackware 12 and KDE 3.5.7

    Thanks.
    Micke

  2. Re: kppp and mobile networking.

    Mussemouse wrote:

    > Hi all.
    > I wonder how the h-ll do I get kppp to work as a normal user??
    > Logging in as root and configure it and use it works without problem.
    > Loggin as a normal user and nothing works. Tested almost everything that I
    > found on the net to get it working. But no luck.

    Well found the solution finally!
    The kppprc in ~./kde/share/config was of some reason corrupt!
    Copied the working one from root. Now I have to figure out how the file
    could get corrupted instead!

    //Micke

+ Reply to Thread