Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME) - Slackware

This is a discussion on Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME) - Slackware ; As seen by ^@v@^ : *I believe everyone that creates OS's , should _fear_ this browser techmology* "I think operating systems are kind of an old way to think of the world," Brin told a group of reporters after the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74

  1. Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    As seen by ^@v@^ :

    *I believe everyone that creates OS's , should _fear_ this browser techmology*

    "I think operating systems are kind of an old way to think of the world,"
    Brin told a group of reporters after the news conference at Google's
    Mountain View, California headquarters. "They have become kind of bulky,
    they have to do lots and lots of different (legacy) things."

    Google believes any task done in a standalone desktop computer
    application can be delivered via the Web and Chrome is its bet that
    software applications can be run via a browser.

    http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...BrandChannel=0

    ^@v@^
    (I C, do U C 2) ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  2. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:09:00 -0700, ^OvO^ trolled:

    > *I believe everyone that creates OS's , should _fear_ this browser

    I believe that I'll just ignore it.

    **** Google.

    Bugger off, troll.

  3. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:09:00 -0700, ^OvO^ sprout:

    > As seen by ^@v@^ :

    Iiiiik! Wampyres with big tits! (Go away|Goog awaahee)!

    > *I believe everyone that creates OS's

    Quite a bad start, a belief about a rumour about some false pregnancy...

    > , should _fear_ this browser

    should I? If I should it certainly would help if your post was
    at least "readable", seems like you overused your transe lator.

    > techmology*

    yuh yuh, we're matching moles, we'll wun tha wurmz.

    mmmh, good night Irene, good naught.

  4. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    ^OvO^ wrote:

    > As seen by ^@v@^ :
    >
    > *I believe everyone that creates OS's , should _fear_ this browser techmology*

    well, what the hell do you think is that browser going to run on? plus,
    what the hell do you think is going to run the servers that all those
    hosted apps are gonna run on?

    besides, what does "operating system" really mean? if it's just the kernel,
    well, i'm pretty sure there'll always be a need for something that looks
    like a kernel to handle the interaction between userland software and the
    hardware. there will also be a need for the services that run directly on
    top of the kernel, stuff like udev, syslog, acpid, cron, cups, sshd, X,
    etc.

    the desktop software that's bundled with most OSes nowadays, sure that may
    change, though i doubt it'll ever be reduced to just a browser.

    --
    Joost Kremers joostkremers@yahoo.com
    EN:SiS(9)

  5. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:09:00 -0700, ^OvO^ trolled:
    >

    >> *I believe everyone that creates OS's , should _fear_ this browser
    >>

    > I believe that I'll just ignore it.
    >
    > **** Google.
    >
    > Bugger off, troll.

    As seen by ^@v@^ :

    I'm sorry you have some type of problem... :-\

    In the comming months you MAY understand why MS was interested in YaHoo!

    The Internet its self can be an OS, (and be stable) long after legacy OS's have become obsolete.

    I would strongly suggest you check up on what Google is trying to do, and get in on it..

    ^@v@^
    (I C, do U C 2) ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are none so blind as those who do not want to see, and
    close their feeble mind, and eyes ever tighter to see even less.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  6. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    Joost Kremers wrote:
    > ^OvO^ wrote:
    >
    >> As seen by ^@v@^ :
    >>
    >> *I believe everyone that creates OS's , should _fear_ this browser techmology*
    >>

    > well, what the hell do you think is that browser going to run on? plus,
    > what the hell do you think is going to run the servers that all those
    > hosted apps are gonna run on?
    >
    > besides, what does "operating system" really mean? if it's just the kernel,
    > well, i'm pretty sure there'll always be a need for something that looks
    > like a kernel to handle the interaction between userland software and the
    > hardware. there will also be a need for the services that run directly on
    > top of the kernel, stuff like udev, syslog, acpid, cron, cups, sshd, X,
    > etc.
    >
    > the desktop software that's bundled with most OSes nowadays, sure that may
    > change, though i doubt it'll ever be reduced to just a browser.

    As seen by ^@v@^ :

    I doubt it also... But Google and MS does not....

    I'm waiting on Big Blue, Sun or HP to blink... or something...
    ---> http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=210500375

    MS often misses the boat, but somehow gets back on at a later time,.
    MS once thought the Internet was just some kind of toy. Ditto: Browsers. :-)

    ^@v@^
    (I C, do U C 2) ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  7. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 16:50:40 -0700, ^OvO^ wrote:

    >>> *I believe everyone that creates OS's , should _fear_ this browser

    >> I believe that I'll just ignore it.
    >> **** Google.

    > I'm sorry you have some type of problem... :-\

    It's not me with the problem.

    Nope. I don't give a **** what MS is interested in.

    > The Internet its self can be an OS, (and be stable) long after
    > legacy OS's have become obsolete.

    Right. Sure. If you say so.

    **** off, Google-boy.

    > ^@v@^
    > (I C, do U C 2) ?

    Is this supposed to be "kewl", or what?

  8. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:54:48 +0000, Joost Kremers wrote:

    > besides, what does "operating system" really mean? if it's just the
    > kernel,

    The kernel is called the kernel because it's the kernel of the operating
    system, and the term kernel is used to distinguish it from the rest of
    the operating system. So, no, operating system does not mean just the
    kernel.

  9. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 17:14:30 -0700, ^OvO^ wrote:

    > As seen by ^@v@^ :
    >
    > I doubt it also... But Google and MS does not....
    >
    > I'm waiting on Big Blue, Sun or HP to blink... or something...

    Not one of those is on-topic in this group, so please take it away
    somewhere else. HTH, TIA, HAND, DCUWCY.

  10. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    Mark Madsen wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 17:14:30 -0700, ^OvO^ wrote:
    >

    >> As seen by ^@v@^ :
    >>
    >> I doubt it also... But Google and MS does not....
    >>
    >> I'm waiting on Big Blue, Sun or HP to blink... or something...
    >>

    > Not one of those is on-topic in this group, so please take it away
    > somewhere else. HTH, TIA, HAND, DCUWCY.

    As seen by ^@v@^ :

    The Google Chrome Web Browser _parodox_ will change the way _all OS's_
    interact with the Internet.
    ---> http://linugadgetech.blogspot.com/20...r-changes.html

    If you can not understand this, don't worry, nobodys perfect. :-\

    ^@v@^
    (I C, do U C 2) ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Against stupidity and ignorance, the very gods
    themselves, contend in vain.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  11. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    ^OvO^ wrote:

    > The Google *Chrome Web Browser parodox *will change the way
    > _all OS's_ interact with the Internet.

    *Only* if the user of the OS installs the browser. If you can't
    understand this, don't worry, ask here and if you're lucky
    someone will explain to you that GNU/Linux is all about choice.

    --
    Two Ravens
    "...hit the squirrel..."

  12. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 10:57:50 -0700, ^OvO^ sprout:

    > Mark Madsen wrote:
    >> On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 17:14:30 -0700, ^OvO^ wrote:
    >>

    >>> As seen by ^@v@^ :
    >>> I doubt it also... But Google and MS does not....
    >>>
    >>> I'm waiting on Big Blue, Sun or HP to blink... or something...
    >>>

    >> Not one of those is on-topic in this group, so please take it away
    >> somewhere else. HTH, TIA, HAND, DCUWCY.
    >>

    > As seen by ^@v@^ :

    stop these fat tittied wampyres, that's just plain ugly and
    you're just looking like a medical mistake.

    Your quoting system is as goofy as the MSOE default one,
    as your headers pretend you're using a Gecko based client
    I'm very puzzled why so, did you really configure it to
    be that b0rken?

    > The Google Chrome Web Browser _parodox_ will change the way _all

    Parondontology?->

    > OS's_
    > interact with the Internet.

    no way, behind the keyboard there's a little bit more than
    just a chair, usually named 'user' or 'luser', sometimes PEBKAC,
    but it exists and is supposed to have brains. Brains have a
    choice, if you don't like what I say you can turn it off.

    > --->
    > http://linugadgetech.blogspot.com/20...0-ways-goo..fs
    >
    > If you can not understand this, don't worry, nobodys perfect. :-\

    correct, don't need a reason, don't need a rhyme.

    > ~~~cleansed...
    > Against stupidity and ignorance, the very gods
    > themselves, contend in vain.

    You should try and read your .sig, I mean really read it,
    and you may read it before or after you'll have it repaired:
    --
    Against stupidity and ignorance the very gods, themselves, contend in vain.

  13. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    ^OvO^ wrote:
    > Mark Madsen wrote:
    >> On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 17:14:30 -0700, ^OvO^ wrote:
    >>

    >>> As seen by ^@v@^ :
    >>>
    >>> I doubt it also... But Google and MS does not....
    >>>
    >>> I'm waiting on Big Blue, Sun or HP to blink... or something...
    >>>

    >> Not one of those is on-topic in this group, so please take it away
    >> somewhere else. HTH, TIA, HAND, DCUWCY.
    >>

    > As seen by ^@v@^ :
    >
    > The Google Chrome Web Browser _parodox_ will change the way _all OS's_

    Don't you mean "paradigm"?

    > interact with the Internet.
    > ---> http://linugadgetech.blogspot.com/20...r-changes.html
    >
    > If you can not understand this, don't worry, nobodys perfect. :-\

    ---------------------------------------------------^ nobody's

    Certainly not you.

    Again, what do you imagine the browser is going to run on? The bare
    metal? In which case _it_ becomes an OS, and I doubt Google want's to
    write OS's.

    > ^@v@^
    > (I C, do U C 2) ?
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Against stupidity and ignorance, the very gods
    > themselves, contend in vain.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  14. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    Dan C wrote:

    >>> I believe that I'll just ignore it.
    >>> **** Google.

    >> I'm sorry you have some type of problem... :-\

    > It's not me with the problem.
    >
    >> In the comming months you MAY understand why MS was interested in
    >> YaHoo!

    > Nope. I don't give a **** what MS is interested in.
    >
    >> The Internet its self can be an OS, (and be stable) long after
    >> legacy OS's have become obsolete.

    > Right. Sure. If you say so.
    >
    >> I would strongly suggest you check up on what Google is trying to do,
    >> and get in on it..

    > **** off, Google-boy.
    >
    >> ^@v@^
    >> (I C, do U C 2) ?

    > Is this supposed to be "kewl", or what?

    Obviously he's spent far too much time texting rather than paying
    attention in class.

    Typical though for the terminally brain-dead; something new is
    announced and suddenly it's going to change the whole world and make
    everything else obsolete.

  15. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    Two Ravens wrote:
    > ^OvO^ wrote:
    >

    >> The Google *Chrome Web Browser parodox *will change the way
    >> _all OS's_ interact with the Internet.

    > *Only* if the user of the OS installs the browser. If you can't
    > understand this, don't worry, ask here and if you're lucky
    > someone will explain to you that GNU/Linux is all about choice.

    If websites incorporate features that are only accessible by Chrome,
    as they did with IE, then you won't have any choice but to use
    Chrome until Linux browsers catch up. That could be difficult or
    even impossible, and would certainly take a long time.

    So the fellow you are responding to is right.

    Sid

  16. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    Hundreds of people using the software on one computer is hardly
    revolutionary. It's an idea that went out in the early 80's as hardware
    become cheap enough for everyone to have a computer rather than just a
    dumb terminal.

  17. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, ^OvO^ wrote:

    > Mark Madsen wrote:
    >> On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 17:14:30 -0700, ^OvO^ wrote:
    >>

    >>> As seen by ^@v@^ :
    >>>
    >>> I doubt it also... But Google and MS does not....
    >>> I'm waiting on Big Blue, Sun or HP to blink... or something...
    >>>

    >> Not one of those is on-topic in this group, so please take it away
    >> somewhere else. HTH, TIA, HAND, DCUWCY.
    >>

    > As seen by ^@v@^ :
    >
    > The Google Chrome Web Browser _parodox_ will change the way _all OS's_
    > interact with the Internet.

    Kid, until 1999, all my on-line experience was with the actual software
    running elsewhere. First there were BBSs, and then when I got full
    internet access in 1996, I had shell access at my ISP. I simply ran
    a terminal program. Ironically, I ended up losing shell access when
    that ISP was attacked (some say it was "Mafiaboy") in early September
    1999, the ISP claiming it was no longer safe to keep the shell going.
    And I lost some of the email and files that I'd kept at the ISP.

    Ever since I started using Linux in mid-2001, I in effect moved
    the shell to my end. I'm still using Pine that I started using on
    the ISP way back in 1996, and I'm still using Lynx that I started
    using the same time, a text only browser that is fine virtually
    all the time.

    Who needs gmail (other than as a secondary email account, and another
    for junkmail) when I've got a 160gig hard drive, most of it lying empty?

    There's nothing new about what you are yammering about.

    ANd it's a cycle that's been going on for decades. Mainframe, personal
    computer, move more back to the mainframe, move the mainframe OS to your
    computer, move the computing back to the mainframe.

    The fact that this isn't anything new significantly dimishes the hype
    you are spewing here.

    Michael

  18. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 21:00:06 +0000, Jerry Peters wrote:
    > ^OvO^ wrote:

    >> If you can not understand this, don't worry, nobodys perfect. :-\

    > ---------------------------------------------------^ nobody's
    >
    > Certainly not you.
    >
    > Again, what do you imagine the browser is going to run on? The bare
    > metal? In which case _it_ becomes an OS, and I doubt Google want's to
    > write OS's.--------------------------------------------------^ wants

    See what happens when you do that

  19. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Sidney Lambe wrote:

    > Two Ravens wrote:
    >> ^OvO^ wrote:
    >>

    >>> The Google *Chrome Web Browser parodox *will change the way
    >>> _all OS's_ interact with the Internet.

    >> *Only* if the user of the OS installs the browser. If you can't
    >> understand this, don't worry, ask here and if you're lucky
    >> someone will explain to you that GNU/Linux is all about choice.
    >>

    > If websites incorporate features that are only accessible by Chrome,
    > as they did with IE, then you won't have any choice but to use
    > Chrome until Linux browsers catch up. That could be difficult or
    > even impossible, and would certainly take a long time.
    >
    > So the fellow you are responding to is right.

    But isn't he babbling about something that's already in place to
    an extent, something that was common in the past and to which there
    have been various forays into in recent years?

    Gmail being the obvious. DOn't bother running a mailreader on your
    computer, keep it at some central location along with the email,
    and then you can use a really simple computer to access it (hah!),
    and can check your email from your mobile phone or a friend's computer,
    or some guy over in the coffee shop with the laptop.

    Of course, as I just posted, it's no different from when I dialed
    in to my ISP and had shell access, so the mailreader was on the ISP's
    computer.

    It all used to be that way, then it changed so more was done on
    the very smart home computer. Then groups like Sun and Microsoft
    want to shift it back to mainframes, without that much success.
    Meanwhile, google has been doing it slowly and without making any
    fuss about it, and infiltrating the world. The browser is just
    a summation of what's come before. They want you to run that browser,
    and then everything else that you'd do at your home computer is
    on google's computers.

    Michael

  20. Re: Newer thinking about computers has arrived ( GOOGLE'S CHROME)

    *Michael Black wrote:*
    > * --- snipped ---
    > There's nothing new about what you are yammering about.
    >
    > ANd it's a cycle that's been going on for decades. Mainframe, personal
    > computer, move more back to the mainframe, move the mainframe OS to your
    > computer, move the computing back to the mainframe.
    >
    > The fact that this isn't anything new significantly dimishes the hype
    > you are spewing here.
    >
    > Michael
    > *

    *
    As seen by ^@v@^ :
    *

    *
    Then perhaps you should try and to stick to BBS's

    The name computers was then, something else is happening
    now, and no matter how hard people try to remain in the past
    time moves on....

    Google intends to tie in their Googleearth and
    Search engine into Chrome...

    ^@v@^
    (I C, do U C 2) ?
    --

    /There are none so blind as those who do not want to see, and
    close their feeble mind, and eyes, ever tighter to see even less./

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast