Supertux - Slackware

This is a discussion on Supertux - Slackware ; Is there a package somewhere for supertux or supertux2 on slackware? I know there are packages at linuxpackages.net up to slack 11.0, but I was wondering if there is anything newer. The slackbuild for 0.1.3 on 11.0 fails on 12.0 ...

  1. Supertux

    Is there a package somewhere for supertux or supertux2 on slackware?

    I know there are packages at linuxpackages.net up to slack 11.0, but I
    was wondering if there is anything newer. The slackbuild for 0.1.3 on
    11.0 fails on 12.0 (no big surprise really).

    Your output appreciated.

  2. Re: Supertux

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 15:00:18 +0200, Mark Madsen wrote:

    > Is there a package somewhere for supertux or supertux2 on slackware?
    >
    > I know there are packages at linuxpackages.net up to slack 11.0, but I
    > was wondering if there is anything newer. The slackbuild for 0.1.3 on
    > 11.0 fails on 12.0 (no big surprise really).
    >
    > Your output appreciated.

    There appears to be one here (not tested by me):

    http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...1.3-i486-1.tgz

    Or, get the sourcecode here, and use the slackbuild you have on it:

    http://download.berlios.de/supertux/...-0.1.3.tar.bz2

  3. Re: Supertux

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 09:51:49 -0500, Dan C wrote:

    > On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 15:00:18 +0200, Mark Madsen wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a package somewhere for supertux or supertux2 on slackware?
    >>
    >> I know there are packages at linuxpackages.net up to slack 11.0, but I
    >> was wondering if there is anything newer. The slackbuild for 0.1.3 on
    >> 11.0 fails on 12.0 (no big surprise really).
    >>
    >> Your output appreciated.

    > There appears to be one here (not tested by me):
    >
    > http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...inux/download/

    Applications/Games/supertux-0.1.3/supertux-0.1.3-i486-1.tgz

    Thanks very much for that, my grep of the net hadn't found the amigolinux
    package archive. (Aside: I thought Amigo Linux was long dead?)

    > Or, get the sourcecode here, and use the slackbuild you have on it:
    >
    > http://download.berlios.de/supertux/...-0.1.3.tar.bz2

    Yeah, that's the stable release source as called for in the slackbuild,
    but both the slackbuild and the source fail in the same way (not on that
    box to check right now). Guess I should try to rebuild my 12.1 system
    and try that....

  4. Re: Supertux

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 15:00:18 +0200, Mark Madsen wrote:

    > Is there a package somewhere for supertux or supertux2 on slackware?
    >
    > I know there are packages at linuxpackages.net up to slack 11.0, but I
    > was wondering if there is anything newer. The slackbuild for 0.1.3 on
    > 11.0 fails on 12.0 (no big surprise really).
    >
    > Your output appreciated.

    http://repository.slacky.eu/slackwar...ames/supertux/
    http://repository.slacky.eu/slackwar...ames/supertux/

  5. Re: Supertux

    On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 08:14:11 -0500, geep wrote:

    > On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 15:00:18 +0200, Mark Madsen wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a package somewhere for supertux or supertux2 on slackware?
    >>
    >> I know there are packages at linuxpackages.net up to slack 11.0, but I
    >> was wondering if there is anything newer. The slackbuild for 0.1.3 on
    >> 11.0 fails on 12.0 (no big surprise really).
    >>
    >> Your output appreciated.

    > http://repository.slacky.eu/slackwar...ames/supertux/
    > http://repository.slacky.eu/slackwar...ames/supertux/

    Excellent. And thank you. But have you been reading my mind, or how
    else did you know to upload those several days in advance of me asking
    for them?

    Either way, some small children will be very happy.

  6. Re: Supertux

    On 2008-08-31, Mark Madsen wrote:
    > Is there a package somewhere for supertux or supertux2 on slackware?
    >
    > I know there are packages at linuxpackages.net up to slack 11.0, but I
    > was wondering if there is anything newer. The slackbuild for 0.1.3 on
    > 11.0 fails on 12.0 (no big surprise really).

    I know you've already gotten some good responses on this, but just
    to throw another in the mix:

    I just pushed a supertux package and sources which include a patch
    to make it build on gcc4. Niklas "Nille" Akerströmhad sent the
    patch to me several weeks ago, but I've been too swamped to do
    anything with it until now. Anyway, here you are:

    http://rlworkman.net/pkgs/
    http://rlworkman.net/pkgs/sources/12.1/supertux/

    -RW

  7. Re: Supertux

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 14:08:41 +0000, Robby Workman wrote:

    > On 2008-08-31, Mark Madsen wrote:
    >> Is there a package somewhere for supertux or supertux2 on slackware?
    >>
    >> I know there are packages at linuxpackages.net up to slack 11.0, but I
    >> was wondering if there is anything newer. The slackbuild for 0.1.3 on
    >> 11.0 fails on 12.0 (no big surprise really).

    > I know you've already gotten some good responses on this,

    I have, and the package linked to by geep works OK for me, although with
    some occasional graphical jitter.

    > but just to
    > throw another in the mix:
    >
    > I just pushed a supertux package and sources which include a patch to
    > make it build on gcc4. Niklas "Nille" Akerströmhad sent the patch to
    > me several weeks ago, but I've been too swamped to do anything with it
    > until now. Anyway, here you are:
    >
    > http://rlworkman.net/pkgs/
    > http://rlworkman.net/pkgs/sources/12.1/supertux/

    Excellent. I shall try those as soon as a few spare minutes present
    themselves. Much appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread