Errors Compiling Kdebase for KDE 4.1 - Slackware

This is a discussion on Errors Compiling Kdebase for KDE 4.1 - Slackware ; Hello list, When compiling Kdebase for KDE 4.1, I get the following error: /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp: In member function 'virtual QList Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin: bjectDescriptionIndexes(Phonon::ObjectDescriptionT ype) const': /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp: 272: error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' was not declared in this scope /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp: 274: error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' cannot appear in ...

  1. Errors Compiling Kdebase for KDE 4.1

    Hello list,

    When compiling Kdebase for KDE 4.1, I get the following error:

    /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    In member function 'virtual QList
    Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin:bjectDescriptionIndexes(Phonon::ObjectDescriptionT ype)
    const':
    /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    272: error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' was not declared in this scope
    /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    274: error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' cannot appear in a constant-
    expression
    /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    277: error: expected `:' before ';' token
    /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    In member function 'virtual QHash
    Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin:bjectDescriptionProperties(Phonon::ObjectDescripti onType,
    int) const':
    /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    286: error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [runtime/phonon/platform_kde/CMakeFiles/kde.dir/
    kdepluginfactory.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [runtime/phonon/platform_kde/CMakeFiles/kde.dir/all]
    Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2

    I did manage to get Kdebase installed by editing the CMakeCache.txt
    and disabling KDE4 multimedia support. KDE 4.1 runs great except I
    can't configure KSCD to use digital play back. I receive an error
    stating that the phonon::gstream data does not exist. I verified that
    phonon and gstearm are installed. I think this error is related to
    disabling the multimedia support, and I need to support it.

    I have goggled this error and did not find anything helpful. I
    reinstall phonon 4.2 but the problem still exists. Anyone have tips
    that can help?

  2. Re: Errors Compiling Kdebase for KDE 4.1

    On 2008-08-25, stan wrote:
    > Hello list,
    >
    > When compiling Kdebase for KDE 4.1, I get the following error:
    >
    > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > In member function 'virtual QList
    > Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin:bjectDescriptionIndexes(Phonon::ObjectDescriptionT ype)
    > const':
    > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > 272: error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' was not declared in this scope
    > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > 274: error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' cannot appear in a constant-
    > expression
    > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > 277: error: expected `:' before ';' token
    > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > In member function 'virtual QHash
    > Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin:bjectDescriptionProperties(Phonon::ObjectDescripti onType,
    > int) const':
    > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > 286: error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' was not declared in this scope
    > make[2]: *** [runtime/phonon/platform_kde/CMakeFiles/kde.dir/
    > kdepluginfactory.o] Error 1
    > make[1]: *** [runtime/phonon/platform_kde/CMakeFiles/kde.dir/all]
    > Error 2
    > make: *** [all] Error 2
    >
    > I did manage to get Kdebase installed by editing the CMakeCache.txt
    > and disabling KDE4 multimedia support. KDE 4.1 runs great except I
    > can't configure KSCD to use digital play back. I receive an error
    > stating that the phonon::gstream data does not exist. I verified that
    > phonon and gstearm are installed. I think this error is related to
    > disabling the multimedia support, and I need to support it.
    >
    > I have goggled this error and did not find anything helpful. I
    > reinstall phonon 4.2 but the problem still exists. Anyone have tips
    > that can help?

    What version of Slackware are you doing this on?

    -Matt

  3. Re: Errors Compiling Kdebase for KDE 4.1

    On Aug 26, 9:07*am, Matt Hayes wrote:
    > On 2008-08-25, stan wrote:
    >

    > > Hello list,

    > > When compiling Kdebase for KDE 4.1, I get the following error:

    > > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > > In member function 'virtual QList
    > > Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin:bjectDescriptionIndexes(Phonon::ObjectDescripti onType)
    > > const':
    > > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > > 272: error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' was not declared in this scope
    > > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > > 274: error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' cannot appear in a constant-
    > > expression
    > > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > > 277: error: expected `:' before ';' token
    > > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > > In member function 'virtual QHash
    > > Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin:bjectDescriptionProperties(Phonon::ObjectDescri ptionType,
    > > int) const':
    > > /kde4-devel/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
    > > 286: error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' was not declared in this scope
    > > make[2]: *** [runtime/phonon/platform_kde/CMakeFiles/kde.dir/
    > > kdepluginfactory.o] Error 1
    > > make[1]: *** [runtime/phonon/platform_kde/CMakeFiles/kde.dir/all]
    > > Error 2
    > > make: *** [all] Error 2

    > > I did manage to get Kdebase installed by editing the CMakeCache.txt
    > > and disabling KDE4 multimedia support. KDE 4.1 runs great except I
    > > can't configure KSCD to use digital play back. I receive an error
    > > stating that the phonon::gstream data does not exist. *I verified that
    > > phonon and gstearm are installed. I think this error is related to
    > > disabling the multimedia support, and I need to support it.

    > > I have goggled this error and did not find anything helpful. I
    > > reinstall phonon 4.2 but the problem still exists. Anyone have tips
    > > that can help?

    > What version of Slackware are you doing this on?
    >
    > -Matt

    slackware 12.1

+ Reply to Thread