Installing slackware. - Slackware

This is a discussion on Installing slackware. - Slackware ; We were thinking about installing a linux OS on one of our computers and we wondered if you folks feel that we could do it ourself, or would we be better off to handle a professional? Also, which distribution should ...

  1. Installing slackware.

    We were thinking about installing a linux OS on one of our
    computers and we wondered if you folks feel that we could do it
    ourself, or would we be better off to handle a professional?

    Also, which distribution should be installed? We have heard good
    things about something called "Ubentu." We have also heard that
    Slackware is favoured by the gay community. Is this
    true? Would it be ok for straight people to install slackware?

    cordially, as always,

    rn

  2. Re: Installing slackware.

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:32:19 +0000, rm sprout:

    > We were thinking about installing a linux OS on one of our computers
    > and we wondered if you folks feel that we could do it ourself, or would
    > we be better off to handle a professional?

    good idea, a professional, certainly a proctologist would be a plus for some of you(s)

    > Also, which distribution should be installed? We have heard good things
    > about something called "Ubentu."

    that was the little voice of afore mentioned pro. who was saying
    "u bent, u bent too many too much".

    > We have also heard that Slackware is
    > favoured by the gay community. Is this true?

    no particular reason, though nobody's sad and dull around here...

    > Would it be ok for
    > straight people to install slackware?

    sure, just mind to install it straight up ur bentu ;-)

    > cordially, as always,

    don't mention it ;-+

+ Reply to Thread