How to get ... thru SSH ? - Slackware

This is a discussion on How to get ... thru SSH ? - Slackware ; Hi, I need to get the following info for remote system thru SSH but have no idea :-( 1. Top 10 PIDs in terms of CPU usage 2. Top 10 PIDs in terms of MEM usage 3. I/O interrupts handled ...

  1. How to get ... thru SSH ?

    Hi,

    I need to get the following info for remote system thru SSH but have
    no idea :-(

    1. Top 10 PIDs in terms of CPU usage
    2. Top 10 PIDs in terms of MEM usage
    3. I/O interrupts handled for the system

    Any help will be appreciated as always.

    Thanks in advance,
    Jaisol

  2. Re: How to get ... thru SSH ?

    jaisol wrote:

    > I need to get the following info for remote system thru SSH but have
    > no idea :-(
    >
    > 1. Top 10 PIDs in terms of CPU usage
    > 2. Top 10 PIDs in terms of MEM usage

    I think "top" can take care of this - there are probably some options that
    will give you exactly what you want. You can also remote display a system
    monitoring GUI via ssh - I seem to remember kde has one, but I don't remember
    the name.

    > 3. I/O interrupts handled for the system

    Not sure about this one. I remember that comes with Sun's little CDE system
    monitoring tool - not sure what does this for Linux.

    - Kurt

  3. Re: How to get ... thru SSH ?

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:55:18 -0700, jaisol wrote:

    > I need to get the following info for remote system thru SSH but have no
    > idea :-(
    >
    > 1. Top 10 PIDs in terms of CPU usage
    > 2. Top 10 PIDs in terms of MEM usage
    > 3. I/O interrupts handled for the system
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated as always.

    You have no idea about *what*, exactly?

    Do your own homework, boy.

  4. Re: How to get ... thru SSH ?

    Thanks Kurt.

  5. Re: How to get ... thru SSH ?

    Boy! that's good.
    BTW, i expected no less from such noble slogan.
    Thanks guru's 24hoursupport.helpdesk.

    ---
    On Aug 19, 6:44*pm, Dan C wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:55:18 -0700, jaisol wrote:
    > > I need to get the following info for remote system thru SSH but have no
    > > idea :-(

    > > 1. Top 10 PIDs in terms of CPU usage
    > > 2. Top 10 PIDs in terms of MEM usage
    > > 3. I/O interrupts handled for the system

    > > Any help will be appreciated as always.

    > You have no idea about *what*, exactly?
    >
    > Do your own homework, boy.
    >
    > --
    > "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
    > The Usenet Improvement Project:http://improve-usenet.org

  6. Re: How to get ... thru SSH ?

    ~kurt wrote:
    > jaisol wrote:
    >> I need to get the following info for remote system thru SSH but have
    >> no idea :-(
    >>
    >> 1. Top 10 PIDs in terms of CPU usage
    >> 2. Top 10 PIDs in terms of MEM usage

    > I think "top" can take care of this - there are probably some options that
    > will give you exactly what you want. You can also remote display a system
    > monitoring GUI via ssh - I seem to remember kde has one, but I don't remember
    > the name.

    Also check out ps. I think something like `ps -O %mem --sort=%mem ax`
    should work, but %mem isn't sorting properly for me. However %cpu does.

    >> 3. I/O interrupts handled for the system

    > Not sure about this one. I remember that comes with Sun's little CDE system
    > monitoring tool - not sure what does this for Linux.

    `cat /proc/interrupts` looks like it might help -- though I can't
    judge since I've never needed to care.

    - Daniel

  7. Re: How to get ... thru SSH ?

    Awesome.
    %mem is not working for me too.

    Thanks a lot Daniel.

    ---
    On Aug 19, 7:42*pm, D Herring wrote:
    > ~kurt wrote:
    > > jaisol wrote:
    > >> I need to get the following info for remote system thru SSH but have
    > >> no idea :-(

    > >> 1. Top 10 PIDs in terms of CPU usage
    > >> 2. Top 10 PIDs in terms of MEM usage

    > > I think "top" can take care of this - there are probably some options that
    > > will give you exactly what you want. *You can also remote display a system
    > > monitoring GUI via ssh - I seem to remember kde has one, but I don't remember
    > > the name.

    > Also check out ps. *I think something like `ps -O %mem --sort=%mem ax`
    > should work, but %mem isn't sorting properly for me. *However %cpu does..
    >
    > >> 3. I/O interrupts handled for the system

    > > Not sure about this one. *I remember that comes with Sun's little CDEsystem
    > > monitoring tool - not sure what does this for Linux.

    > `cat /proc/interrupts` looks like it might help -- though I can't
    > judge since I've never needed to care.
    >
    > - Daniel

  8. Re: How to get ... thru SSH ?

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 19:10:07 -0700, jaisol wrote:

    > Awesome.
    > %mem is not working for me too.

    Yup. A Google Grouper, posting using Windoze, and a top-poster, posting
    this question a day or two after schools have reopened...

    Nobody but me recognizes this as a kiddie-punk looking for help with his
    computer class homework?

    Let him do his homework the way he's supposed to.

  9. Re: How to get ... thru SSH ?

    Dan C wrote:

    > Nobody but me recognizes this as a kiddie-punk looking for help with his
    > computer class homework?

    Thought it might be given the "top 10" specification, but it could also likely
    be a real question - not like anyone spelled the answer out though - just hints
    in the general direction, and there really isn't any problem with that, even
    if it was a homework problem.

    - Kurt

  10. Re: How to get ... thru SSH ?

    here we go...
    ps ax-O %mem --sort=%mem,%cpu,pid,cmd | head -10

    and getting the info thru SSH...
    ssh ip-address ps ax -O %mem --sort=%mem,%cpu,pid,cmd | head -10 >
    file.txt

    BTW, /proc/interrupts is what i need.

    ---
    On Aug 19, 9:54*pm, ~kurt wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >
    > > Nobody but me recognizes this as a kiddie-punk looking for help with his
    > > computer class homework?

    > Thought it might be given the "top 10" specification, but it could also likely
    > be a real question - not like anyone spelled the answer out though - justhints
    > in the general direction, and there really isn't any problem with that, even
    > if it was a homework problem.
    >
    > - Kurt

  11. Re: How to get ... thru SSH ?

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 01:07:57 -0700, jaisol wrote:

    > here we go...

    ....Whatever.... bugger off, Win-droid. Stay in school.

  12. Re: How to get ... thru SSH ?

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 01:07:57 -0700, jaisol wrote:
    >
    >> here we go...

    > ...Whatever.... bugger off, Win-droid. Stay in school.

    Ahh bugger off yourself. Even if he was asking a homework question
    (which I doubt), who cares? Show a little hospitality, and he may
    learn to leave MSWin behind. It takes time to heal.

    - Daniel

    --
    "Slackware" -- an American word, meaning "Dan C likes to flame".

+ Reply to Thread