Openoffice.org? - Slackware

This is a discussion on Openoffice.org? - Slackware ; I just installed Slackware 12.0. I attempted to install openoffice.org 2.4.1 using their download RPM based package which failed due to an rpm problem. I followed a recommendation on openoffice.org's volunteer support forums and installed the supplied RPMS bypassing the ...

  1. Openoffice.org?

    I just installed Slackware 12.0. I attempted to install openoffice.org
    2.4.1 using their download RPM based package which failed due to an rpm
    problem. I followed a recommendation on openoffice.org's volunteer
    support forums and installed the supplied RPMS bypassing the dependency
    checks. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss installing any of the RPMS (I
    installed them one at a time). When I try to run it I get

    /etc/openoffice.org2.4/program/javaldx: error while loading shared
    libraries: libuno_sal.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
    or directory
    /etc/openoffice.org2.4/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared
    libraries: libi18nisolang1gcc3.so: cannot open shared object file: No
    such file or directory

    Has anyone installed openoffice.org on slack 12 and gotten it to run?
    Any ideas how to resolve either of these two library problems? I was
    going to go back to the openoffice.org's forums and ask but it looks
    like their server is down.

  2. Re: Openoffice.org?

    On 2008-08-09, Kevin Shelly wrote:

    > I just installed Slackware 12.0. I attempted to install openoffice.org
    > 2.4.1 using their download RPM based package which failed due to an rpm
    > problem.

    I have been running Open Office quite happily on 12.0 and 12.1 courtesy
    of slackbuilds.org:

    http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12...penoffice.org/
    http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12...penoffice.org/

    and I would suggest that you remove your previous efforts and try this.

    Andrew
    --
    http://www.andrews-corner.org

  3. Re: Openoffice.org?

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 14:21:29 +1000, andrew wrote:

    > On 2008-08-09, Kevin Shelly wrote:
    >
    >> I just installed Slackware 12.0. I attempted to install openoffice.org
    >> 2.4.1 using their download RPM based package which failed due to an rpm
    >> problem.

    > I have been running Open Office quite happily on 12.0 and 12.1 courtesy
    > of slackbuilds.org:
    >
    > http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12...penoffice.org/
    > http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12...penoffice.org/
    >
    > and I would suggest that you remove your previous efforts and try this.
    >
    > Andrew

    Also, assuming you have already downloaded
    ..../openoffice.org/stable/2.4.1/OOo_2.4.1_LinuxIntel_install_en-US.tar.gz

    you can use the tweak the version to 2.4.1 in the Slackbuild to repackage
    that version for your version of slackware. I can vouch that it worked for
    me on Slack 12.0.

    --
    Douglas Mayne

  4. Re: Openoffice.org?

    Kevin Shelly wrote:

    > Has anyone installed openoffice.org on slack 12 and gotten it to run?
    > Any ideas how to resolve either of these two library problems? *I was
    > going to go back to the openoffice.org's forums and ask but it looks
    > like their server is down.

    have you tried opening up the fire you downloaded, going into the RPMS
    directory and typing "rpm2tgz *.rpm", then "installpkg *.tgz"? That has
    worked for me with 12.1 and 12.0. Oh yes you also need to go into the
    desktop-integration directory and install the openoffice****.tgz directory
    if you want KDE integration from openoffice.

  5. Re: Openoffice.org?

    Thanks Andrew - I followed your recommendation and it's working great.
    I wasn't sure whether the RPM uninstall would work but it did.

+ Reply to Thread