no torrent client in Slack? - Slackware

This is a discussion on no torrent client in Slack? - Slackware ; I hate torrents. It's one of the reasons why I pay big bucks for DSL. But, no torrent clients at all in Slack? C'mon!..... nb...

  1. no torrent client in Slack?

    I hate torrents. It's one of the reasons why I pay big bucks for DSL. But,
    no torrent clients at all in Slack? C'mon!.....

    nb

  2. Re: no torrent client in Slack?

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 00:02:02 +0000, notbob wrote:

    > I hate torrents. It's one of the reasons why I pay big bucks for DSL. But,
    > no torrent clients at all in Slack? C'mon!.....
    >
    > nb

    Is this a torrent client?

    ..../slackware/slackware-12.0/extra/bittorrent/*

    --
    Douglas Mayne

  3. Re: no torrent client in Slack?

    > > I hate torrents. *It's one of the reasons why I pay big bucks for DSL.. *But,
    > > no torrent clients at all in Slack? *C'mon!.....

    > Is this a torrent client?
    >
    > .../slackware/slackware-12.0/extra/bittorrent/*

    bittorrent is a bit oudated in Slackware, but you also have ktorrent
    on the list
    it's located in /extra also

  4. Re: no torrent client in Slack?

    Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
    >> > I hate torrents. *It's one of the reasons why I pay big bucks for DSL. *But,
    >> > no torrent clients at all in Slack? *C'mon!.....

    >> Is this a torrent client?
    >>
    >> .../slackware/slackware-12.0/extra/bittorrent/*

    > bittorrent is a bit oudated in Slackware, but you also have ktorrent
    > on the list
    > it's located in /extra also

    BitTornado is just as good.
    --
    X-rated movies are all alike ... the only thing they leave to the
    imagination is the plot.

  5. Re: no torrent client in Slack?

    Hallo, notbob,

    Du meintest am 09.08.08:

    > I hate torrents. It's one of the reasons why I pay big bucks for
    > DSL. But, no torrent clients at all in Slack? C'mon!.....

    GUI or CLI?

    For the CLI I had used "bittorrent-console" - worked.

    Viele Gruesse
    Helmut

  6. Re: no torrent client in Slack?

    Search http://linuxpackages.net =)

    It'll bring up some apps, I'm sure.

  7. Re: no torrent client in Slack?

    On 2008-08-11, stibs wrote:
    > Search http://linuxpackages.net =)
    >
    > It'll bring up some apps, I'm sure.

    or http://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=torrent&sv=12.1

    vb

  8. Re: no torrent client in Slack?

    Vincent Batts wrote:
    > On 2008-08-11, stibs wrote:
    >> Search http://linuxpackages.net =)
    >>
    >> It'll bring up some apps, I'm sure.

    > or http://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=torrent&sv=12.1
    >
    > vb

    There's an excellent c++/ncurses client called rtorrent, based on
    libtorrent. Its very efficient -- I currently having it running
    on an old 486 (as my p2p machine).

    If Pat would make rtorrent part of mainline Slackware, I would be
    ecstatic.

    Simon

  9. Re: no torrent client in Slack?

    simonp@nospam.com trolled:

    > There's an excellent c++/ncurses client called rtorrent, based on
    > libtorrent. Its very efficient -- I currently having it running
    > on an old 486 (as my p2p machine).

    You must be either very wealthy, or really into stealing, if you
    need to have a separate p2p machine.

    > If Pat would make rtorrent part of mainline Slackware, I would be
    > ecstatic.

    Why? You managed to set it up. Why should he have to do it?

    cordially, as always,

    rm

+ Reply to Thread