Adventures with printing (part 1 of 218 parts) - Slackware

This is a discussion on Adventures with printing (part 1 of 218 parts) - Slackware ; rm@big.justlinux.ca wrote: > Step four? Google. Unless someone gives us a shortcut...anyone > know any good tutorials on HP printers? Apparently there is > installation software out there somewhere... > > More, later, > > cordially, as always, > > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Adventures with printing (part 1 of 218 parts)

    rm@big.justlinux.ca wrote:

    > Step four? Google. Unless someone gives us a shortcut...anyone
    > know any good tutorials on HP printers? Apparently there is
    > installation software out there somewhere...
    >
    > More, later,
    >
    > cordially, as always,
    >
    > rm

    How about the HP website? I bought an HP all in one not to long ago,
    went to the hp website..downloaded and installed the drivers and holy
    **** it worked!
    Perhaps going to the companies website for the drivers will assist you
    more than google.

    MikeinAK

  2. Re: Adventures with printing (part 1 of 218 parts)

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:10:18 -0800, MikeinAK wrote:

    >> Step four? Google. Unless someone gives us a shortcut...anyone know
    >> any good tutorials on HP printers? Apparently there is installation
    >> software out there somewhere...

    > How about the HP website? I bought an HP all in one not to long ago,
    > went to the hp website..downloaded and installed the drivers and holy
    > **** it worked!
    > Perhaps going to the companies website for the drivers will assist you
    > more than google.

    That's a little too advanced for the Vista-loving windoze stooge troll
    known as "rm". Installing drivers is not something he's ready for yet.

  3. Re: Adventures with printing (part 1 of 218 parts)

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:10:18 -0800, MikeinAK wrote:

    > I bought an HP all in one not to long ago,
    > went to the hp website..downloaded and installed the drivers and holy
    > **** it worked!

    A lot of the HP devices "work out of the box." The HPLIP project
    definitely deserves some big praise for getting this working with
    GNU/Linux.

    I want to reduce paper clutter, so I knew I needed a scanner. I was
    pleasantly surprised that the HP scanners are supported, even in network
    mode. The scanner integrates nicely with Gimp, too. The only gotcha that
    I had to work around (after googling a bit) is to set an environment
    variable so that the device is found.

    $ LC_ALL=C hp-toolbox

    Hope that fact helps save someone else some time

    --
    Douglas Mayne

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2