KDE's pid-list-table ? - Slackware

This is a discussion on KDE's pid-list-table ? - Slackware ; I'm using KDE 3?, and a nice scrollable graphic list of PIDs with their attributes & a 'kill' button etc, just popped-up. I'd like to know how to call this ap. when I need it, instead of pstree, pgrep & ...

  1. KDE's pid-list-table ?

    I'm using KDE 3?, and a nice scrollable graphic list of PIDs
    with their attributes & a 'kill' button etc, just popped-up.

    I'd like to know how to call this ap. when I need it,
    instead of pstree, pgrep & my own script to show a pid's
    ancestor. What's this pid-list-table ap. called ?

    Is there any way to show which pid is associated with
    a particular VT which is hanging ?

    I tried 'screen', to be able to view 3 texts together
    and not have to swap between VTs and get lost as
    I forget which of the 8 VTs I need next.
    What a canOworms, with 50 options, listed
    alphbetically instead of 'by utility sequence'.

    Anyway since trying screen, I've got 2 VT's/consoles
    hanging and I can't see what to 'kill -15 '.

    Thanks for any advice.

    == TIA

  2. Re: KDE's pid-list-table ?

    nospam@isp.com wrote:
    > I'm using KDE 3?, and a nice scrollable graphic list of PIDs
    > with their attributes & a 'kill' button etc, just popped-up.
    >
    > I'd like to know how to call this ap. when I need it,
    > instead of pstree, pgrep & my own script to show a pid's
    > ancestor. What's this pid-list-table ap. called ?

    Try pressing -; that's the usual shortcut for the KDE
    System Guard, equivalent to the command `ksysguard --showprocesses`.

    > Anyway since trying screen, I've got 2 VT's/consoles
    > hanging and I can't see what to 'kill -15 '.

    I usually do a `ps ax | grep bash` (or whatever shell you use); then
    `pstree $PID` for each shell's PID until I find the one containing the
    (hopefully unique) hung process. Depending on how it hung, `top` can
    also be helpful, as can ksysguard. Konsole's session tabs can also be
    helpful; closing the tab kills the offending process.

    - Daniel

  3. Re: KDE's pid-list-table ?

    In article <1218164207.482204@vasbyt.isdsl.net>, wrote:
    > I'm using KDE 3?, and a nice scrollable graphic list of PIDs
    > with their attributes & a 'kill' button etc, just popped-up.
    >
    > I'd like to know how to call this ap. when I need it,
    > instead of pstree, pgrep & my own script to show a pid's
    > ancestor. What's this pid-list-table ap. called ?

    Next time it's up, "ps axfww | less -S". See if you can recognize it
    that way.

    > Is there any way to show which pid is associated with
    > a particular VT which is hanging ?

    "lsof | grep tty2" appears to show things running on tty2. It's not
    immediately obvious how to modify that to show things running in a
    particular xterm or similar. I don't have "screen" to play with that.

    --
    There's a term for those who fantasize that the world works in
    precisely the way that produces maximum convenience for them,

  4. Re: KDE's pid-list-table ?

    nospam@isp.com wrote:
    > I'm using KDE 3?, and a nice scrollable graphic list of PIDs
    > with their attributes & a 'kill' button etc, just popped-up.
    >
    > I'd like to know how to call this ap. when I need it,
    > instead of pstree, pgrep & my own script to show a pid's
    > ancestor. What's this pid-list-table ap. called ?
    >
    > Is there any way to show which pid is associated with
    > a particular VT which is hanging ?
    >
    > I tried 'screen', to be able to view 3 texts together
    > and not have to swap between VTs and get lost as
    > I forget which of the 8 VTs I need next.
    > What a canOworms, with 50 options, listed
    > alphbetically instead of 'by utility sequence'.
    >
    > Anyway since trying screen, I've got 2 VT's/consoles
    > hanging and I can't see what to 'kill -15 '.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.
    >
    > == TIA

    wath about
    screen -list and screen -wipe to remove dead, dettached screen sessions

  5. Re: KDE's pid-list-table ?

    Em Sexta, 8 de Agosto de 2008 04:03, nospam@isp.com escreveu:

    > I'm using KDE 3?, and a nice scrollable graphic list of PIDs
    > with their attributes & a 'kill' button etc, just popped-up.
    >
    > I'd like to know how to call this ap. when I need it,
    > instead of pstree, pgrep & my own script to show a pid's
    > ancestor. What's this pid-list-table ap. called ?

    CTRL+ESC

    ksysguard

  6. Re: KDE's pid-list-table ?

    nospam@isp.com burped up warm pablum in

    > I'm using KDE 3?, and a nice scrollable graphic list of PIDs
    > with their attributes & a 'kill' button etc, just popped-up.
    >
    > I'd like to know how to call this ap. when I need it,
    > instead of pstree, pgrep & my own script to show a pid's
    > ancestor. What's this pid-list-table ap. called ?

    That's "KDE System Guard" AKA /usr/bin/ksysguard.

    --
    Tris Orendorff
    [ Anyone naming their child should spend a few

+ Reply to Thread