Combining 2 FLVs --- 1 Video & 1 Audio - Slackware

This is a discussion on Combining 2 FLVs --- 1 Video & 1 Audio - Slackware ; Can anyone help me here...? I've downloaded two FLVs of the same track, namely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRfLGTBljFc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYmnQ...eature=related and I'd like to combine them into a single FLV with the audio from the first and the video from the second. What is ...

  1. Combining 2 FLVs --- 1 Video & 1 Audio

    Can anyone help me here...?
    I've downloaded two FLVs of the same track, namely
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRfLGTBljFc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYmnQ...eature=related
    and I'd like to combine them into a single FLV with the audio from the
    first and the video from the second. What is the simplest way to do
    this? *Is* there a simple way to do this? I'm running Slackware 11,
    by the way.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Paul.

  2. Re: Combining 2 FLVs --- 1 Video & 1 Audio

    tanat.tutoring@googlemail.com wrote:
    > I've downloaded two FLVs of the same track, namely
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRfLGTBljFc
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYmnQ...eature=related
    > and I'd like to combine them into a single FLV with the audio from the
    > first and the video from the second. What is the simplest way to do
    > this? *Is* there a simple way to do this? I'm running Slackware 11,
    > by the way.

    I don't know of any simple way, but if I would try such a thing I think
    that I would start with clive ( http://home.gna.org/clive/ ) to download
    the videos in another format than flv.

    After that I would try mencoder which is bundled with mplayer or transcode
    or maybe ffmpeg to split video and audio into separate files. Then I would
    once again use some of those tools or maybe mjpegtools to mix an audio
    file with a video file.

    Unfortunately I don't know how to convert an avi or mpeg file to flv,
    maybe I would have choosen other tools if I were more familiar with the
    flv format.

    None of the tools above are included in a standard Slackware installation,
    you will have to download and compile them yourself or find prebuilt
    working packages. Some of those tools have deep dependency chains if you
    want the tools to be full featured.

    regards Henrik
    root@localhost postmaster@localhost

  3. Re: Combining 2 FLVs --- 1 Video & 1 Audio

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 10:09:09 -0700, tanat.tutoring wrote:

    > I've downloaded two FLVs of the same track, namely
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRfLGTBljFc
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYmnQ...eature=related
    > and I'd like to combine them into a single FLV with the audio from the
    > first and the video from the second. What is the simplest way to do
    > this? *Is* there a simple way to do this? I'm running Slackware 11, by
    > the way.

    The simplest way is using ffmpeg. There are ffmpeg packages for most
    versions of Slackware, and bags of examples of how to use it available
    through your favourite search engine.

  4. Re: Combining 2 FLVs --- 1 Video & 1 Audio

    Thanks both for your help: I converted the files to AVI format using
    MPlayer and I've had a noodle around with avidemux2 (although I
    kludged the install a bit) to trim the video to fit the soundtrack. I
    tested it using MPlayer's -audiofile option.

    I'll go and give your suggestions a try...

    Thanks again,

    Paul.

+ Reply to Thread