Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino - Slackware

This is a discussion on Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino - Slackware ; In alt.os.linux.slackware Michael Lindsay wrote: > Once again the idiot has outed himself. I wonder, who is the idiot here. What the hell has this to do with slackware? -- __________________________________________________ ___________________________ Microsoft has been doing a really bad job ...

  1. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    --
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Microsoft has been doing a really bad job on their OS.

  2. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Peter Herttrich wrote:

    > In alt.os.linux.slackware Michael Lindsay wrote:
    >

    >> Once again the idiot has outed himself.

    > I wonder, who is the idiot here.
    >
    > What the hell has this to do with slackware?

    about as much as your post I suspect.. bsides those of us bene in here for
    years know all bout roger.

    --
    Cheers
    Res

    2/ If only cleanfeed filtered out trolls as well as spam, usenet would be
    a nicer place.

  3. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:36:03 +0000, Peter Herttrich wrote:

    > In alt.os.linux.slackware Michael Lindsay wrote:
    >

    >> Once again the idiot has outed himself.

    > I wonder, who is the idiot here.
    >
    > What the hell has this to do with slackware?

    Roger has a very very long history on this group. Most people keep his
    various incarnations in their killfiles, others like to battle him
    periodically, some seem almost fascinated by him.

    --
    Only trust pipe-smoking penguins.

  4. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    ringwraith@myrealbox.xom writes:

    > On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:36:03 +0000, Peter Herttrich wrote:
    >
    >> In alt.os.linux.slackware Michael Lindsay wrote:
    >>
    >>> Once again the idiot has outed himself.

    >> I wonder, who is the idiot here.
    >>
    >> What the hell has this to do with slackware?

    > Roger has a very very long history on this group. Most people keep his
    > various incarnations in their killfiles, others like to battle him
    > periodically, some seem almost fascinated by him.

    Wel, I admit to being fascinated by the way others react to him :-)

    Strict common sense would suggest the killfile approach.

    A lunacy almost as benighted as that displayed by RM himself runs the "we
    know who you are Roger" article. Listen friends, most of us KNOW who he
    is!! Some of us have been around here for a while now. You are neither
    scoring off RM (who doesn't care) nor making friends with such stuff.

    There are those who choose to reply sometimes - in my case because of
    some of RM's rants are deeply misleading to newcomers.

    Then there are those who in one way or another pipe up with "please don't
    talk to Roger". Playground prefects?

    And we ALL serve to keep mostly pointless threads running on and on and
    on .... :-)

    atb

    Glyn
    --
    RTFM http://www.tldp.org/index.html
    GAFC http://slackbook.org/ The Official Source :-)

  5. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:57:19 +0100, Glyn Millington wrote:

    > ringwraith@myrealbox.xom writes:

    >>> I wonder, who is the idiot here.
    >>>
    >>> What the hell has this to do with slackware?

    >> Roger has a very very long history on this group. Most people keep his
    >> various incarnations in their killfiles, others like to battle him
    >> periodically, some seem almost fascinated by him.

    > Wel, I admit to being fascinated by the way others react to him :-)
    >
    > Strict common sense would suggest the killfile approach.
    >
    > A lunacy almost as benighted as that displayed by RM himself runs the
    > "we know who you are Roger" article. Listen friends, most of us KNOW
    > who he is!! Some of us have been around here for a while now. You are
    > neither scoring off RM (who doesn't care) nor making friends with such
    > stuff.
    >
    > There are those who choose to reply sometimes - in my case because of
    > some of RM's rants are deeply misleading to newcomers.
    >
    > Then there are those who in one way or another pipe up with "please
    > don't talk to Roger". Playground prefects?
    >
    > And we ALL serve to keep mostly pointless threads running on and on and
    > on .... :-)
    >
    > atb
    >

    > Glyn

    funny thing is ... he does know how to handle slackware well
    the few informative helpful replies of him show you this

  6. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

  7. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    ,----
    | My dogs can handle Slackware better than him. So that doesn't
    | leave him doing much of anything, helpful or otherwise, except ****,
    | shower, and shave. And excepting shaving, my dogs have him beat at that
    | too.
    `----

    Modquote???????

    atb

    Glyn
    --
    RTFM http://www.tldp.org/index.html
    GAFC http://slackbook.org/ The Official Source :-)
    STFW http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...inux.slackware
    JFGI http://jfgi.us/

  8. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    Hallo, Glyn,

    Du meintest am 01.08.08:

    > ,----
    > | My dogs can handle Slackware better than him. So that doesn't
    > | leave him doing much of anything, helpful or otherwise, except
    > ****, | shower, and shave. And excepting shaving, my dogs have him
    > beat at that | too.
    > `----

    > Modquote???????

    No. Maynard should be ignored completely. And not get a place in the
    modquotes, especially no prominent place.

    "Slackware - that's a platform for Maynard" wouldn't please me.

    Viele Gruesse
    Helmut

  9. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    helmut@hullen.de (Helmut Hullen) writes:

    > Hallo, Glyn,

    Hello Helmut!
    >> ,----
    >> | My dogs can handle Slackware better than him. So that doesn't
    >> | leave him doing much of anything, helpful or otherwise, except
    >> ****, | shower, and shave. And excepting shaving, my dogs have him
    >> beat at that | too.
    >> `----

    >> Modquote???????

    > No. Maynard should be ignored completely. And not get a place in the
    > modquotes, especially no prominent place.

    Shame - I rather thought that one put him nicely in his place! I think
    there are quite a few rm insults tucked away in the modquotes already.

    > "Slackware - that's a platform for Maynard" wouldn't please me.

    You may have a point there :-)

    atb

    Glyn
    --
    RTFM http://www.tldp.org/index.html
    GAFC http://slackbook.org/ The Official Source :-)
    STFW http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...inux.slackware
    JFGI http://jfgi.us/

  10. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:19:55 +0100, Glyn Millington wrote:

    > helmut@hullen.de (Helmut Hullen) writes:
    >
    >> Hallo, Glyn,

    > Hello Helmut!
    >>> ,----
    >>> | My dogs can handle Slackware better than him. So that doesn't |
    >>> leave him doing much of anything, helpful or otherwise, except ****, |
    >>> shower, and shave. And excepting shaving, my dogs have him beat at
    >>> that | too.
    >>> `----

    >>> Modquote???????

    It's in line with the tone of many modquotes.

    >> No. Maynard should be ignored completely. And not get a place in the
    >> modquotes, especially no prominent place.

    > Shame - I rather thought that one put him nicely in his place! I think
    > there are quite a few rm insults tucked away in the modquotes already.
    >
    >> "Slackware - that's a platform for Maynard" wouldn't please me.

    > You may have a point there.

    Only if he were mentioned by name in the modquoted text, which he is not.

  11. bashing (was: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino)

    Hallo, Mark,

    Du meintest am 01.08.08:

    >>> No. Maynard should be ignored completely. And not get a place in
    >>> the modquotes, especially no prominent place.

    >> Shame - I rather thought that one put him nicely in his place! I
    >> think there are quite a few rm insults tucked away in the modquotes
    >> already.
    >>
    >>> "Slackware - that's a platform for Maynard" wouldn't please me.

    >> You may have a point there.

    > Only if he were mentioned by name in the modquoted text, which he is
    > not.

    Bashing people shouldn't be honoured.
    Bashing masochists pleases them.

    This is a slackware newsgroup, no bashing newsgroup.

    Viele Gruesse
    Helmut

  12. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:02:15 +0000, goarilla wrote:

    > funny thing is ... he does know how to handle slackware well the few
    > informative helpful replies of him show you this

    That is one of the mystifying things though. Back at one time he did seem
    to have some understanding of Slackware and/or Linux. But then a year or
    so ago, he started asking questions that were so basic they seemed out of
    character for him. I didn't know if it was his kid or one of those
    multiple personalities that his royal "we" seems to portend.

    --
    Only trust pipe-smoking penguins.

  13. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Glyn Millington wrote:
    > A Guy Called Tyketto writes:
    >> goarilla wrote:

    [...]
    > ,----
    > | My dogs can handle Slackware better than him. So that doesn't
    > | leave him doing much of anything, helpful or otherwise, except ****,
    > | shower, and shave. And excepting shaving, my dogs have him beat at that
    > | too.
    > `----
    > Modquote???????

    back in the late 60's, i was deckhand on an ore boat, and
    Old Jack, the third mate, gnawing a cigar and sharing
    his wisdom with the young deckie, put it this aways:

    "he's just a goddamn seagull,
    all he can do is eat sleep **** and squawk."

    --
    William Hunt, Portland Oregon USA

  14. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    Glyn Millington typed on 2008-08-01:
    > helmut@hullen.de (Helmut Hullen) writes:
    >
    >> Hallo, Glyn,

    > Hello Helmut!
    >>> ,----
    >>> ****, | shower, and shave. And excepting shaving, my dogs have him
    >>> beat at that | too.
    >>> `----

    >>> Modquote???????

    >> No. Maynard should be ignored completely. And not get a place in the
    >> modquotes, especially no prominent place.

    > Shame - I rather thought that one put him nicely in his place! I think
    > there are quite a few rm insults tucked away in the modquotes already.

    He even has one or two quotes of his own.

    From :
    "This fortune mod is a collection of quotes either seen on AOLS or by
    AOLS regulars that were deemed so wise, funny, inflammatory or any
    combination of those that they were submitted for inclusion."

    If it fits the above definition it deserves a place in the modquotes,
    and should not discriminate. That's how I felt when I was temporarily
    maintaining them (I put at least one of RMs in), but I'm pretty sure
    Faux_Pseudo feels the same way.

    Regards,
    --
    Bartosz Oudekerk
    I think a better name for PAM might be SCAM, for Swiss Cheese Authentication

  15. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    Haldir trolled:
    > On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:02:15 +0000, goarilla wrote:

    >> funny thing is ... he does know how to handle slackware well
    >> the few informative helpful replies of him show you this

    > That is one of the mystifying things though. Back at one time he
    > did seem to have some understanding of Slackware and/or Linux. But
    > then a year or so ago, he started asking questions that were so
    > basic they seemed out of character for him. I didn't know if it
    > was his kid or one of those multiple personalities that his royal
    > "we" seems to portend.

    We think it may be Alzheimers. We actually had to search for the
    proper spelling of "ldconfig" today, and that is kind of frightening
    for someone who always compiles from source. Too bad the command
    couldn't be found on a drop-down gui menu or something...

    And we're still running 12.0, along with the default kernel.

    But then again, we have been wrestling with vista of late and we
    never used any version of windoze with any regularity. We should
    have posted vista queries to this ng because we're willing to bet
    that most of you phonies can legitimately claim "guru" status only
    on the Redmond offerings...

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  16. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    A Guy Called Littledick trolled:

    pgp trash troll delete

    > goarilla wrote:

    >> funny thing is ... he does know how to handle slackware well
    >> the few informative helpful replies of him show you this

    > My dogs can handle Slackware better than him. So that doesn't
    > leave him doing much of anything, helpful or otherwise, except
    > ****, shower, and shave. And excepting shaving, my dogs have him
    > beat at that too.

    If your dogs are so damned bright, why are you still using pgp
    trash? Can't they disable the damned thing for you? Or do they
    leave it on your messages, knowing damned well how silly the pgp
    trash makes you look.

    Try giving your dogs a raise.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

  17. Re: dranyamr = Roger Maynard = Realto Margarino

    Glyn Millington trolled:
    > A Guy Called Tyketto writes:
    >> goarilla wrote:

    >>> funny thing is ... he does know how to handle slackware well
    >>> the few informative helpful replies of him show you this

    > | My dogs can handle Slackware better than him. So that doesn't
    > | leave him doing much of anything, helpful or otherwise, except ****,
    > | shower, and shave. And excepting shaving, my dogs have him beat at that
    > | too.

    > Modquote???????

    Anything Littledick writes is modquote material, since nobody reads
    the modquote **** neither.

    cordially, as always,

    rm

+ Reply to Thread