httpd userdir: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access/~woody/index.html on this server. - Slackware

This is a discussion on httpd userdir: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access/~woody/index.html on this server. - Slackware ; I've checked /etc/httpd/httpd.conf, it contains LoadModule userdir_module lib/httpd/modules/mod_userdir.so and, Include /etc/httpd/extra/httpd-userdir.conf and, I don't touch the original httpd-userdir.conf. Of cousrse, there is a public_html directory in the user home dir and there is an index.html in the public_html. But why ...

  1. httpd userdir: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access/~woody/index.html on this server.

    I've checked /etc/httpd/httpd.conf, it contains
    LoadModule userdir_module lib/httpd/modules/mod_userdir.so
    and,
    Include /etc/httpd/extra/httpd-userdir.conf
    and, I don't touch the original httpd-userdir.conf.

    Of cousrse, there is a public_html directory in the user home dir and
    there is an index.html in the public_html.

    But why I still get the error:

    Forbidden

    You don't have permission to access /~woody/index.html on this server.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: httpd userdir: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access/~woody/index.html on this server.

    On Jul 29, 10:48 am, Steven Woody wrote:
    > I've checked /etc/httpd/httpd.conf, it contains
    > LoadModule userdir_module lib/httpd/modules/mod_userdir.so
    > and,
    > Include /etc/httpd/extra/httpd-userdir.conf
    > and, I don't touch the original httpd-userdir.conf.
    >
    > Of cousrse, there is a public_html directory in the user home dir and
    > there is an index.html in the public_html.
    >
    > But why I still get the error:
    >
    > Forbidden
    >
    > You don't have permission to access /~woody/index.html on this server.
    >
    > Thanks.

    sorry, forget it. I didn't set the real directory accessing
    permitions to let public readable

  3. Re: httpd userdir: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access/~woody/index.html on this server.

    On 29 июл, 07:30, Steven Woody wrote:
    > On Jul 29, 10:48 am, Steven Woody wrote:
    >

    > > I've checked /etc/httpd/httpd.conf, it contains
    > >   LoadModule userdir_module lib/httpd/modules/mod_userdir.so
    > > and,
    > >   Include /etc/httpd/extra/httpd-userdir.conf
    > > and, I don't touch the original httpd-userdir.conf.

    > > Of cousrse, there is a public_html directory in the user home dir and
    > > there is an index.html in the public_html.

    > > But why I still get the error:

    > > Forbidden

    > > You don't have permission to access /~woody/index.html on this server.

    > > Thanks.

    > sorry, forget it.  I didn't set the real directory accessing
    > permitions to let public readable - Скрыть цитируемый текст -
    >
    > - Показать цитируемый текст-

    See - http://www.avege.ru/russian/apache/apache03.shtml

  4. Re: httpd userdir: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access/~woody/index.html on this server.

    On 29 июл, 06:48, Steven Woody wrote:
    > I've checked /etc/httpd/httpd.conf, it contains
    >   LoadModule userdir_module lib/httpd/modules/mod_userdir.so
    > and,
    >   Include /etc/httpd/extra/httpd-userdir.conf
    > and, I don't touch the original httpd-userdir.conf.
    >
    > Of cousrse, there is a public_html directory in the user home dir and
    > there is an index.html in the public_html.
    >
    > But why I still get the error:
    >
    > Forbidden
    >
    > You don't have permission to access /~woody/index.html on this server.
    >
    > Thanks.

    See http://www.avege.ru/russian/apache/apache03.shtml

+ Reply to Thread