Did you compiled MPlayer-1.0rc2 on slack 12.1 - Slackware

This is a discussion on Did you compiled MPlayer-1.0rc2 on slack 12.1 - Slackware ; My box is a newly installed slack 12.1, but met problem when compile MPlayer-1.0rc2. What I did is 'configure && make', the configure step is okay, but got error in 'make': vo_ivtv.c: in function 'ivtv_reset': vo_ivtv.c:79: error: storage size of ...

  1. Did you compiled MPlayer-1.0rc2 on slack 12.1

    My box is a newly installed slack 12.1, but met problem when compile
    MPlayer-1.0rc2. What I did is 'configure && make', the configure step
    is okay, but got error in 'make':

    vo_ivtv.c: in function 'ivtv_reset':
    vo_ivtv.c:79: error: storage size of 'sd' isn't known
    vo_ivtv.c:80: error: storage size of 'sd1' isn't known.

    Did you have any success experience in doing this? Thanks.

    -
    narke

  2. Re: Did you compiled MPlayer-1.0rc2 on slack 12.1

    Steven Woody wrote:

    > My box is a newly installed slack 12.1, but met problem when compile
    > MPlayer-1.0rc2. What I did is 'configure && make', the configure step
    > is okay, but got error in 'make':
    >
    > vo_ivtv.c: in function 'ivtv_reset':
    > vo_ivtv.c:79: error: storage size of 'sd' isn't known
    > vo_ivtv.c:80: error: storage size of 'sd1' isn't known.
    >
    > Did you have any success experience in doing this? Thanks.
    >
    > -
    > narke

    Did configure spit out any warnings or errors?

    when compiling vo_ivtv.c what gets spit out before it crashes? Sometimes
    the compiler is really helpful in telling why it cannot compile... such as
    missing or out of date files.

    John.

    --
    Using the White Box

  3. Re: Did you compiled MPlayer-1.0rc2 on slack 12.1

    Steven Woody wrote:
    > My box is a newly installed slack 12.1, but met problem when compile
    > MPlayer-1.0rc2. What I did is 'configure && make', the configure step
    > is okay, but got error in 'make':
    >
    > vo_ivtv.c: in function 'ivtv_reset':
    > vo_ivtv.c:79: error: storage size of 'sd' isn't known
    > vo_ivtv.c:80: error: storage size of 'sd1' isn't known.
    >
    > Did you have any success experience in doing this? Thanks.

    ran into the same problem. google(!) told me there's some problem in the
    mplayer sources with ivtv support. either apply a patch (search google) or
    simply disable ivtv support through configure.

    --
    Joost Kremers joostkremers@yahoo.com
    EN:SiS(9)

  4. Re: Did you compiled MPlayer-1.0rc2 on slack 12.1

    On 2008-07-25, Steven Woody wrote:
    > My box is a newly installed slack 12.1, but met problem when compile
    > MPlayer-1.0rc2. What I did is 'configure && make', the configure step
    > is okay, but got error in 'make':
    >
    > vo_ivtv.c: in function 'ivtv_reset':
    > vo_ivtv.c:79: error: storage size of 'sd' isn't known
    > vo_ivtv.c:80: error: storage size of 'sd1' isn't known.
    >
    > Did you have any success experience in doing this? Thanks.

    http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12...media/MPlayer/
    The patch is included.

    -RW

  5. Re: Did you compiled MPlayer-1.0rc2 on slack 12.1

    Steven Woody wrote:
    > My box is a newly installed slack 12.1, but met problem when compile
    > MPlayer-1.0rc2. What I did is 'configure && make', the configure step
    > is okay, but got error in 'make':
    >
    > vo_ivtv.c: in function 'ivtv_reset':
    > vo_ivtv.c:79: error: storage size of 'sd' isn't known
    > vo_ivtv.c:80: error: storage size of 'sd1' isn't known.
    >
    > Did you have any success experience in doing this? Thanks.
    >
    > -
    > narke

    Same problem here. Disable ivtv via "./configure --disable-ivtv"
    and it should build. Unless you actually need ivtv of course, then
    you'll have to google for the relevant patches.

    Jerry

  6. Re: Did you compiled MPlayer-1.0rc2 on slack 12.1

    On Jul 26, 4:52 am, Jerry Peters wrote:
    > Steven Woody wrote:
    > > My box is a newly installed slack 12.1, but met problem when compile
    > > MPlayer-1.0rc2. What I did is 'configure && make', the configure step
    > > is okay, but got error in 'make':

    > > vo_ivtv.c: in function 'ivtv_reset':
    > > vo_ivtv.c:79: error: storage size of 'sd' isn't known
    > > vo_ivtv.c:80: error: storage size of 'sd1' isn't known.

    > > Did you have any success experience in doing this? Thanks.

    > > -
    > > narke

    > Same problem here. Disable ivtv via "./configure --disable-ivtv"
    > and it should build. Unless you actually need ivtv of course, then
    > you'll have to google for the relevant patches.
    >
    > Jerry

    ok, I will take your advice. ps. what is ivtv?

  7. Re: Did you compiled MPlayer-1.0rc2 on slack 12.1

    Steven Woody wrote:
    >> Same problem here. Disable ivtv via "./configure --disable-ivtv"
    >> and it should build. Unless you actually need ivtv of course, then
    >> you'll have to google for the relevant patches.
    >>
    >> Jerry

    > ok, I will take your advice. ps. what is ivtv?

    From the web page:
    The IVTV project develops a kernel driver for Linux and a driver for X11
    for hardware based on Conexant's CX23415/CX23416 codec chip such as the
    Hauppauge PVR 150/250/350/500 models and other supported hardware.

    The project's name is derived from the chip's original naming as iTVC15.
    (http://www.ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Main_Page).
    ** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
    ** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman@tudelft.nl, fax: +31-15-278 7295 **

  8. Re: Did you compiled MPlayer-1.0rc2 on slack 12.1

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:09:59 +0000, Joost Kremers wrote:

    >> Did you have any success experience in doing this? Thanks.

    > ran into the same problem. google(!) told me there's some problem in the
    > mplayer sources with ivtv support. either apply a patch (search google) or
    > simply disable ivtv support through configure.

    Albeit I don't need ivtv Slackbuilds solved my problem and built IVTV
    support. My attempts before all failed (make error 2)...From the
    Slackbuild comments...

    # Patch to account for linux-2.6.24.x including ivtv, but MPlayer won't
    # build against it. See this link for more information and patch
    #origin:
    # http://archives.free.net.ph/message/...47775e.en.html
    patch -p1 < $CWD/patches/ivtv_fix-2.6.24.x.diff

    The Slackbuild includes the following patches...

    demux_audio_fix_20080129.diff
    ivtv_fix-2.6.24.x.diff
    stream_cddb_fix_20080120.diff
    demux_mov_fix_20080129.diff
    mplayer-1.0rc2-compiz.diff
    url_fix_20080120.diff

    See all mplayer related Slackbuilds at...

    http://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=mplayer&sv=12.1

    Mplayer itself is at...

    http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12...media/MPlayer/

    --
    Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg
    Replace borg with net

  9. Re: Did you compiled MPlayer-1.0rc2 on slack 12.1

    On Jul 27, 9:44 am, Ron Gibson wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:09:59 +0000, Joost Kremers wrote:
    > >> Did you have any success experience in doing this? Thanks.

    > > ran into the same problem. google(!) told me there's some problem in the
    > > mplayer sources with ivtv support. either apply a patch (search google) or
    > > simply disable ivtv support through configure.

    > Albeit I don't need ivtv Slackbuilds solved my problem and built IVTV
    > support. My attempts before all failed (make error 2)...From the
    > Slackbuild comments...
    >
    > # Patch to account for linux-2.6.24.x including ivtv, but MPlayer won't
    > # build against it. See this link for more information and patch
    > #origin:
    > #http://archives.free.net.ph/message/...47775e.en.html
    > patch -p1 < $CWD/patches/ivtv_fix-2.6.24.x.diff
    >
    > The Slackbuild includes the following patches...
    >
    > demux_audio_fix_20080129.diff
    > ivtv_fix-2.6.24.x.diff
    > stream_cddb_fix_20080120.diff
    > demux_mov_fix_20080129.diff
    > mplayer-1.0rc2-compiz.diff
    > url_fix_20080120.diff
    >
    > See all mplayer related Slackbuilds at...
    >
    > http://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=mplayer&sv=12.1
    >
    > Mplayer itself is at...
    >
    > http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12...media/MPlayer/
    >
    > --
    > Email - rsgib...@verizon.borg
    > Replace borg with net
    > "Ubuntu" - an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".

    I've successfully installed the mplayer using the slackbuild you
    mentioned. Thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread