msi_wind - Slackware

This is a discussion on msi_wind - Slackware ; I d'like to buy it, here in Italy is only with xp. For me no Slackware, no party! Someone has tryied to install the Pat system in msi? what about the kernel Ciao ------------- i know my english is terrible, ...

  1. msi_wind

    I d'like to buy it, here in Italy is only with xp.
    For me no Slackware, no party!
    Someone has tryied to install the Pat system
    in msi? what about the kernel
    Ciao

    -------------
    i know my english is terrible,
    if you want, tell me stuff like
    has = as ecc
    i really appreciate

  2. Re: msi_wind

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 01:34:00 -0700, Ndrocchietto |Sono un
    cattomassocomunista liberale a favore delle minoranze e delle maggiorate.
    wrote:

    > I d'like to buy it, here in Italy is only with xp. For me no Slackware, no
    > party!
    > Someone has tryied to install the Pat system in msi? what about the
    > kernel

    Are you saying that you can buy PCs only with Windows XP installed? Are
    you asking if Slackware can be installed on such PCs? If so, yes, you can
    install Slackware (or any other Linux) so you can choose which operating
    system to run when you turn on the PC. That is called dual-booting.
    (Dual comes from the word duo.)

    If you are asking if there is a way to run Slackware from Windows, yes,
    there is. I have never used zipslack, but look for information on it.
    Perhaps some of our Italian readers can point out some Slackware
    information available on the web in Italian. You can run Slackware
    in virtual machines running on Windows, also, using VMware, for example.

    --
    Chick Tower

    For e-mail: aols2 DOT sent DOT towerboy AT xoxy DOT net

  3. Re: msi_wind

    wrote:

    > I d'like to buy it, here in Italy is only with xp.
    > For me no Slackware, no party!
    > Someone has tryied to install the Pat system
    > in msi? what about the kernel
    > Ciao
    >

    > -------------
    > i know my english is terrible,
    > if you want, tell me stuff like
    > has = as ecc
    > i really appreciate

    I just tried booting an MSI Wind clone from a USB stick with Puppy Linux.
    Puppy Linux is, I believe, originally based on Slackware. It booted really
    well and the only thing I did not see immediately was the WiFi connection.
    Ethernet worked.
    I intend to get one of these MSI Winds and put a Linux system (Slackware)
    on an SD chip. The hard drive with XP I will probably remove.
    Hope this helps
    JB

  4. Re: msi_wind

    Chick, Zipslak is good for smaller installations, I've used it a few times,
    but only in VFAT FS, I do not think it will play in NTFS...

    GeorgeC

    "Chick Tower" wrote in message
    newsan.2008.07.20.13.20.44.991085@deadspam.com...
    > On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 01:34:00 -0700, Ndrocchietto |Sono un
    > cattomassocomunista liberale a favore delle minoranze e delle maggiorate.
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I d'like to buy it, here in Italy is only with xp. For me no Slackware,
    >> no
    >> party!
    >> Someone has tryied to install the Pat system in msi? what about the
    >> kernel

    > Are you saying that you can buy PCs only with Windows XP installed? Are
    > you asking if Slackware can be installed on such PCs? If so, yes, you can
    > install Slackware (or any other Linux) so you can choose which operating
    > system to run when you turn on the PC. That is called dual-booting.
    > (Dual comes from the word duo.)
    >
    > If you are asking if there is a way to run Slackware from Windows, yes,
    > there is. I have never used zipslack, but look for information on it.
    > Perhaps some of our Italian readers can point out some Slackware
    > information available on the web in Italian. You can run Slackware
    > in virtual machines running on Windows, also, using VMware, for example.
    >
    > --
    > Chick Tower
    >
    > For e-mail: aols2 DOT sent DOT towerboy AT xoxy DOT net

  5. Re: msi_wind

    > Are you saying that you can buy PCs only with Windows XP installed?

    yes sir, i' m not sure but rumors in italy's groups say that if i
    install Slackware i will lost my warranty!!!!
    niet linux, not any msi wind is selled with linux in italy today

    > Are
    > you asking if Slackware can be installed on such PCs?

    yes i breath only slackware, if i don't have slackware i don' t buy
    the pc

    >If so, yes, you can
    > install Slackware (or any other Linux) so you can choose which operating
    > system to run when you turn on the PC. That is called dual-booting.
    > (Dual comes from the word duo.)

    mr thanks, but i m not so newbe i want just ask you what's the best
    kernel,
    and what voice is important to set in xmenuconf

    > If you are asking if there is a way to run Slackware from Windows, yes,
    > there is. I have never used zipslack,

    > but look for information on it.
    > Perhaps some of our Italian readers can point out some Slackware
    > information available on the web in Italian. You can run Slackware
    > in virtual machines running on Windows, also, using VMware, for example.

    mr i love virtual boxes , but i can install , at most, xp in qemu for
    playng fritz but always in slackworld

    tnxs for the tips

  6. Re: msi_wind

    > I just tried booting anMSIWindclone from a USB stick with Puppy Linux.
    > Puppy Linux is, I believe, originally based on Slackware. It booted really
    > well and the only thing I did not see immediately was the WiFi connection.

    also people that use U.U..U say the same

    > Ethernet worked.
    > I intend to get one of theseMSIWinds and put a Linux system >(Slackware)

    Slackware...

    >The hard drive with XP I will probably remove.

    Now I close the "windows" in my home, i smell scent of freedom

+ Reply to Thread